Thread: 3rd Monitor goes blank when hooked on mini display port over hdmi and adapter during the game.

3rd Monitor goes blank when hooked on mini display port over hdmi and adapter during the game.

I was willing to start a game on 3 monitors and it came into my concern that my monitor is going blank when I hooked my monitor on mini display port over hdmi as well as the adaptor. I tried with this one because my monitor got vga and hdmi input and to make a good use of it I had to make use of DVI to HDMI adapter on top of that one so I was able to connect monitor to card. I am not able to get the exact reason why this is happening with when I am playing with games and does not tend to occur or come across such situation when I am back in windows. Seems to be ridiculous. I was not having mini display port to dvi adapters with card but then purchased some cables along with an adapter from dvi to hdmi to connect monitor to card and thought it would render my service well. So can you tell me the exact reason behind this one. Please assist me.

re: 3rd Monitor goes blank when hooked on mini display port over hdmi and adapter during the game.

I was also having same issues as there were blackouts when I tried with mini display port and then with active adapter to DVI and finally made a connection form DVI to HDMI adapter and then to hdmi cable. I later came into view that I was with some wrong connections as when I tried with one more DVI to HDMI adapter , second one and made some modifications in the order i.e form mini display port to active adapter to DVI and then from DVI cable to DVi and finally to HDMI adapter , I was with no issues .and then noticed that it was the sequence which was wrong and then made a correction for the same and you need to make a note of one thing that you first of all consider active adapter and then cable with adapter to monitor and this sequence really works. Not only the sequence matters but along with what matters is the number of the active adapters. So by my mistake what I learnt was one of the outputs must be the display port , and you need to use that port and then an adapter so that it is compatible with your monitor and if you make use of an active adaptor , it will tend to work. My friend was with the same concern and he was making use of an passive adaptor and after changing that to active it was solved. so you should also make similar attempts .

re: 3rd Monitor goes blank when hooked on mini display port over hdmi and adapter during the game.

This matter concerns in my issues as well. As when I run dual monitors with my Tri Sli GTX 280 and while playing game, it tends to appears that my second monitor goes black. The only method to fix this is to get the game out of full screen and subsequently go back to full screen once more. So I was willing to keep both monitors on while gaming and found a solution to set a program I always run while gaming and I also need to disable Visual themes as well as Desktop Composition in the compatibility tab. I did this by right clicking on a shortcut and moving in the properties. followed by click the Compatibility tab and then it was solved.

I made a purchase of geforce SLI GTX 480s, and I was with the same issues where the third monitor (the one connected to the second card), will at random go black for some couple of seconds. Then whatever was on that monitor previously will come back after this blackout, and the monitor itself does not state it has misplaced the signal throughout this blackout as it is fairly short. This typically occurs following I login to Windows after a cold boot, or when I carry my system out of idle after the OS has turned the monitors off as well as moving the mouse or else something turns the monitors on once more, or at times when I start a game up. If I start up a game in 3DVS and this blackout occurs, the third monitor will tend to come back as well as display the in game scene, but the 3D effect will be reversed on that monitor . This is fixed by suspending the game and starting it up once more. This does not occur all the time during the scenarios I explained, but it occurs often enough that it is annoying. I made some attempts with complete system change, and more than a few reformats. I have as well switched up the third monitor . I am with an constant power supply and that the only thing I am intact along with the monitors . I assume that I am with driver problems or something wrong with my power supply otherwise monitors. So I am not knowing regarding the same or could you help me in this thing.

I am using a ati radeon graphics card to push three displays. I made entry through dvi ports and a the remaining one with through the displayPort by means of an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. I am not knowing why the monitor attached to the displayPort will tend to flash on and off from time to time going back to usual as well as sometimes going onto power save mode. from time to time I even observe small horizontal lines on display port monitor as well. I read something’s concerning the voltage being too short on my graphics card itself but I don’t want to mess with that unless I have to.i made some random searches regarding this one and found an exact solution. So I downloaded the latest CCC as well as in ATI overdrive I underclocked all to the base. I would bet if you slowly increased speeds you would be able to locate the highest speeds probable to fix the matter.

The only time I have had an problem with my monitors going blank for some couple of seconds , it was a reasonably made dual-link DVI cable. It worked occasionally, but some games would reason the screen by means of that cable to lose sync as well as go totally black for some seconds. So you need to be sure regarding that you swap the cables and make sure it isn't a hardware matter. So see with an Dual Link DVI cable and see if that solves your matter.

Guys to discuss with this issue I was with the same concern I have just bought a new system with dual 5870s, and was with 6 mini-DP connectors, in addition to 3 monitors. In the Catalyst Control Center, I am however able to get any two to work fine and the issue isn't with the monitors or cables but if I attempt to expand the desktop onto a third monitor I obtain "To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled". And then comes into my notice that this usually cause because adapter for their DVI/HDMI/DP are having some issues. I then made some attempts by updating the latest drivers and CCC. But it did not solve d really , but after making some changes in the my monitors DVI and got only VGA and 2 HDMIs and then made some try and it concluded .