Thread: Games stucks and choppy with ASUS ENGTX550 Ti

Games stucks and choppy with ASUS ENGTX550 Ti

My system configuration is as follows:
    • Intel core 2 duo e6420
    • Kingston 8GB 1333MHz ram 4 +4
    • ASUS ENGTX550 Ti
    • Corsair hx650w PSU
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit installed

Recently I tried to play call of duty modern warfare 2 in this system but unluckily everything was choppy, laggy and game frequently stucks. I am using the latest driver for Nvidia. I have looked into the nvidia control panel and also into the game settings. Nothing able to solve this problem. I am quite sure that my Graphic card is capable to run this game but with this configuration I don’t know what is causing it to behave abnormally.

Re: Games stucks and choppy with ASUS ENGTX550 Ti

In 1024x768resolution, the GTX550ti pass without problem. Try to take a factory overclocked model and slightly decrease the GPU frequency to 900 MHz. There are cards with 1000 MHz for the price of an "original". And these overclocked cards are on average 10% more efficient than the base model. If you really want to see a difference in play, it is especially the GTX 550Ti to be replaced. Instead of spending 100 Euros or dollars in CM + CPU + RAM, buy a good graphics card, like GTX 570 or GTX 560Ti to replace your GTX 550Ti, does not change anything else except perhaps the power depending on what you already have and there you will see a real difference. At stake is not the processor that matters most but the graphics card, however, the difference between i7 and Phenom II 2600K-X6 1090T in gaming is quite low at the same graphics card.

Your card is superb but I think that the fault is of the processor or ram. To play at 1920x1080 it takes far more powerful cards, including details not too high retinitis so lucky to be able to run the game. However, you may grope another road. That is, decrease the refresh rate from 60Hz to 30Hz monitor, to halve the images per second. Subsequently, the active vertical sync in the game in ways that play at 30FPS, so maybe we can play. Or try enabling triple buffering taking active vertical synchronization.

Definitely if your processor is not very powerful compared to the graphics card, also it would be good to put 2 GB of RAM. For example I have an E7400 to 3.5 GHz, a HD5670 and 4GB of RAM and I can run the games with decent speed and without any bottleneck. In order to get a good feeling of the game you will need a consistently 60 FPS but it sometimes depends on the game.

Does the game have automatic power detection?

Let the time decide and test. Most will be a little more. Then ask, for example, the texture quality is higher. That makes my opinion of most. Shadow environment and quality you can (I think) most likely to be neglected.

It is essential that the course of revision that was performed well by correctly! To uninstall the driver completely, and then cut out the remains with Driver Cleaner, restart PC, install new driver and reboot PC again! Furthermore, once installed the latest beta version is 290.53! In addition, users must install the correct OS version of the driver (x86 or 64 bit)! The results of the GTX 550 Ti are usually well ahead of the Geforce GTS 450, are mainly due to the much higher bandwidth for the fps difference. At the Radeon HD 5770/6770 can push the GTX 550 Ti in the middle with a little effort over, but more on paper than actually measured significantly. Even the GeForce GTX 460/768 times faster on the way clear and also very attractive price.

As with some Fermi cards before applying the Nvidia GTX 550 Ti internally with high OC capabilities, the new GeForce 1000 MHz and above should be - with no voltage increase. According to Nvidia, some partners such as Asus, Palit and Zotac with four-digit clock chip will bring to the market. The Palit GeForce GTX 550 we present Ti Sonic running from house to 1,000 MHz core frequency at 1.17 V GPU voltages, so the potential is almost exhausted: leaves with 1030 MHz chip and 2,450 MHz memory speed is only the GDDR5 RAM yet significantly overclock. Compared with the reference design here +14 and +19 per cent are on the plus side, Crysis Warhead increases by about 15 percent.