Thread: Non native aspect ratio solution for Nvidia GT 635M

Non native aspect ratio solution for Nvidia GT 635M

In my laptop I am getting problem screen resolution. I have Nvidia GT 635M graphics card on my laptop. When I run any 3D application with less than the aspect ratio in my laptop. I get the black borders which frustrated me. By changing the resolution from the Nvidia drivers it doesn’t provide me better GUI. Is there any solution to that?

re: Non native aspect ratio solution for Nvidia GT 635M

Yes the black borders irritate me also when the application doesn’t fit properly to the resolution. There is a solution to the problem. I found out the solution. As you know that the IGP do scaling, but many of us think that by using an external GPU it scales the monitor. But when the application doesn’t support the scaling of the resolution in GPU, you have to scale it from IGP. The IGP scaling also matters to some application, so have to change the ratios from both IGP and GPU.

Yes I had to do same as you said. In my GT 620M in my desktop. I kept the resolution to 1600x900 and also from the IGP I set the resolution to 1600x900. When I started the game my Nvidia card was changing the resolution to maximum to 1920x1080 in fact I had kept my resolution to lower. After than I realized that the resolution scaling was done by IGP not by GPU.

Do you know that the performance of the IGP is very low. In my laptop I have GMA 3150 and the worse part of this is that I can’t play modern games in it .This Intel’s graphics accelerator is integrated graphics card. The 3D performance of this is only for some 3D games that don’t require good graphics. In this I can’t even view the MPEG2 videos, HD videos with resolution 720p or higher. HD flash videos also don’t run fluently. The external VGA port supports only 1400x1050 resolution only. The only good thing is that it doesn’t take too much power consumption.