Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M is not detecting on my laptop while playing video games

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M is not detecting on my laptop while playing video games

right now I am having Asus N53SVon which GeForce GT540M is being running. From past few weeks Optimus graphics switching was working flawlessly. But now I figured out that the graphics card is not detected by the video games like Starcraft 2, TF2. The game should allow to select GPU for usage but the graphic card which I am is not displayed at all. I have installed latest version of graphics drivers but it did not worked for me at all. Let me know if you are having any idea to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M is not detecting on my laptop while playing video games

Looking at the situation I wanted to tell you that you should set gpu as preferred GPU from the Nvidia Control Panel. So try it and let me know if it is making any difference in the situation. also tell me whether you have installed any Windows update on your system. it seems to be sensible if card was detected before the installing windows update. So you should try to uninstall windows update. I am not sure but could be Nvidia Inspector will help you to how graphic card would work. It could be accessing DirectX/Direct3D from the driver stack. ‘

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M is not detecting on my laptop while playing video games

Well I was suffering from the same problem which you have stated over here. what I have done is installed the latest version of drivers on my system.
    after doing that I simply restarted the computer.

After that I went for Manage 3d Settings from Nvidia Control Panel. Clicked on Global.

Set Graphics Processor to high-performance nvidia processor from auto select.

Once done with the above mentioned steps the game started to detect the card without any issue.

I hope above mentioned thing will be useful to someone.