Thread: Inappropriate drivers in Nvidia Geforce 610M

Inappropriate drivers in Nvidia Geforce 610M

I purchased an Asus K53SD three days ago and I started to play Saints Row the Third on it. I played it in resolution of 1366x768 and I found that it was lagging very badly. I checked the framerate at which it was working and I found that it was 20 fps. I know that this value is too low for a game, so I thought that maybe the graphic quality I have set must be very high. So I reduced the graphic quality, but the framerate didn’t rise above 25 fps. I was so frustrated by this that I thought maybe the settings of the graphic card haven’t been set by the manufacturer properly. So I entered the Nvidia Control Panel and while checking the settings I found that the version of graphic driver was older ones. I have downloaded new version of graphic drivers, but they are not compatible with my laptop. Can someone help me solve this problem?

Re: Inappropriate drivers in Nvidia Geforce 610M

I know this problem persists with many laptops and you can’t blame the manufacturers of graphic card processors for incompatible graphic drivers. When a graphic card processor manufacturer provides the laptop manufacturer with processors, they send them with the graphic drivers of minimum compatibility. This is done to provide options for the laptop manufacturers to set the settings of the graphic processor according to the requirement and compatibility of other peripherals and requirements of resources.

Re: Inappropriate drivers in Nvidia Geforce 610M

I am totally disappointed with Asus, actually if we see the release dates of laptop and the graphic card, then Asus has provided an older graphic card then the new ones that are available in market. I think that the problem lies in the capacity of the graphic card to render the frames that should be displayed. I have seen slight micro-stuttering in the graphics which I think can be responsible for low framerate.