Thread: Display settings options missing in Nvidia GeForce GT 540m

Display settings options missing in Nvidia GeForce GT 540m

I have a Asus laptop with Nvidia GT 540m as a graphic card in it. I am unable to see the display settings that usually are available at the bottom quick bar. I want to set my resolution and other details like the quality of graphics, but since there is no control panel for it, I am finding it difficult to edit the settings. I have tried updating the graphic drivers but it too didn’t help me in anyway. Can someone help me sorting out this problem?

Re: Display settings options missing in Nvidia GeForce GT 540m

See if the graphic card is properly attached to the motherboard or not. Maybe you can try cleaning the slot and the connector of the graphic card that gets connected in the motherboard. Try powering down your computer, remove the power cable from the plug and then again re attach the graphic card. Maybe it will solve the problem. Last time I heard a graphic card not having a control panel of its own; it was in the 7 series of Nvidia. But now such an advanced graphic card doesn’t have a control panel seems odd to me.

Re: Display settings options missing in Nvidia GeForce GT 540m

It must be difficult to change the color settings of the display as you don’t have Nvidia Control Panel. Option for Digital Vibrance is only available in Nvidia control Panel and cannot be achieved through the control panel of windows or any other way. I don’t know which operating system you are using, but you can try repairing the OS and then again fresh installing the graphic drivers.