Thread: How to install NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M on Windows Vista

How to install NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M on Windows Vista

Hello friends, I was trying to install new NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M card on my Lenovo laptop but getting stuck with Operating system. Problem is that drivers of it are not been detected by card and wanted to make it clear that I having Intel integrated chipset, when I am checking properties of computer then in peripheral tab just able to two cards, one is Intel and for the other one getting “?”. I have also tried to install the drivers manually then also it has not worked for me. I was also thinking that trying some different version of Nvidia driver might be helpful but all was not worth, getting the problem again and again. One thing which I does knows is that it is using Optimus but having doubt on that, will I be able to use it on Windows Vista 64 bit service pack 2 or not? When I have tried to install windows 7 then it was working for me, so what I should do please help me with it. Thank you.

Re: How to install NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M on Windows Vista

I would like to tell that hardware which is coming are been made in comparison with some particular operating system and the card which you are trying to use it then it is specially made for Windows 7, so due to which it is been detected in Windows 7. I would suggest that you better upgrade operating system and problem which you are getting with drivers will be solved. I believe that it is easiest and the recommended many people would like to say it. There are plenty of people who are having a very hard time that letting go of their comfort zones, but would like to tell Windows 7 is really best in comparison in Windows Vista and also XP. I would suggest that you try to put your prejudice aside and start using windows 7 and will not be finding it bad whatever you have heard about it. I would also say that you really wanted to use this card and later you realize that it is not been supported by software platforms and then have to do a updating in order to maintain feature support and there is no other option for you. I do not think that windows vista is not at all worth then windows 7.