Thread: E-IPS panel monitors

E-IPS panel monitors

Hello friends, I am searching for new monitor as I am thinking to replace my old monitor which is Samsung T240, it was really good one. At present I am searching for IPS panel of cheap monitors, not having huge budget to get a higher end one. When I was searching online for monitors then I have came across some of them, such as ASUS VS229H-P and also one more series which is ML228H, both of these monitors where ranging between 150$ to 200$. Both of screens is 22” but if you check it carefully then you will find it as 21.5” which is accurate one and resolution of them are average as per my need. One thing which I really not like is that size of them is not good if compare with my older monitor. I have founded that these monitors are using IPS panels with LED backlights and it was very much cheap to purchase. The main problem which I am having is with stands of monitors, when checking price of stands on both models then VS was cheaper than ML but the bottom bezel is so large. I would also like to know that are IPS panel monitor worth than TN panels ones? Please suggest me some of it. Thank you.

Re: E-IPS panel monitors

Even there is one more monitor it is Dell U2312HM but it is costing something around 200$ and main thing is that it is having e-IPS LED and it is one inch larger than ASUS monitors and having High definition and more thing which I like about is that it is having fully adjustable stand and it is very much low profile enough which will be allowing you to stuff anything under it. If you wanted to cheaper one then I believe that ASUS VS229H-P will be best one for you and it will be costing around 130$. But if you wanted to have better image quality then go for Dell one which is best and it is having bigger screen, if not worry about money then it is really worth one.

It depends which you really find it better for you, check it and get one for you. I do think that IPS generally are having a better quality images and also low IPS panel will be producing better image quality in comparison with TFT panels, whereas TFT panels is having good response times and it arrive with 120 Hz varieties. I do believe that IPS panels are having slow of response time due to which it is producing 120 Hz monitors and by which you are able to see this option in TFT panels. If you are looking for cheap monitors then you will be able to find very much difference in image quality between TFT and an IPS panel. What I have heard that you will be getting much better colors with IPS, cannot tell you anything more about it as I have not used any one of them. If you are going with reference of price then TFT should be cheaper and in fact image quality for TFT panels and it is best for time been. If I have to search for cheap or purchase then I would be just going for highest resolution panel and which is coming in my price range also. Whereas 120 Hz would not be at all bad as it leaves resolution and image quality and it is been effecting by resolution. I am not sure that you will be able to find out color difference, but I am confident that you will be able to find difference in resolution. I would surely go for higher resolution which is coming in budget. Even the IPS is having highest resolutions but monitor which are having it will not able to fit into your price range, there are higher end which is 30” monitor which is having 2560x1600 and also there is 27” having 2560x1440 resolution and both of them are having IPS panels. I believe that highest resolution you might be able to find it in your budget and I do think that you will find 1920x1200 in TFT and IPS panel.

I think that above user is trying say about the TN panels, such that all panels are TFT. Then if he means to say that then I very much correct, if go with color accuracy then any IPS is much better than TN till the time it is calibrated properly. There are so many of stories about cheap IPS panels which are not actually worth to purchase because they do not calibrate properly. I would like to say that you do not simply go for IPS panel even the PVA panels are really good, so just try to search for them also. I have done a comparison between a high ends TN with LED panel in again with S-PVA, such that S-PVA was having the old CCFL backlight, then also S-PVA was looking just too good in compare to TN. If you check TN also then it is very much better but once kept it along some other then you will be finding it not be worth.

I would like share that I will be just replacing my two 24" Dell G2410s with the 24" e-IPS U2412M monitors. I have checked out review of then and founded it is really worth and having all feature which is extremely promising. The main reason for going those monitors is that I am having dual monitors and color shifts bugs which are there makes me little irritated, which that IPS panels should virtually eliminate as it will be having a better viewing angles. It is told that Dell G2410 monitor is really great for TN panel and color accuracy which it is having is very much close to perfect once you have configured properly and if you not then also it is working very much proper and best. Best thing about TN panels is that it is having low response times and getting it to 120Hz varieties which are really big if you are gaming person, most of gaming person look it.

I would like to tell that I have ordered plenty of ASUS IPS panels for my office and I do believe that picture quality of them are really nice in terms of price. Then also having little problem with them, such that viewing angle does not appear to be good and main problem is that stand of them is really not at all good. If you are putting them on mounts anyway then they will be floating, even I am having one at my place but I have add the motherboard box, but I would be looking for or might be going for dell for its extra size and stand and even I am having a 24" LED ASUS monitor, if check the color reproduction then it appears to been equal to the IPS ASUS, if keep on looking at it whole day then your eyes will not be feeling any stain.

Response time is truly essential for gaming, in any case most companies seem to measure this based on special criteria so they aren't totally tantamount based on assembling ratings. I'd suggest looking at an inspection site to see what the certified response times are. It is not unprecedented for them to be appraised at say 8ms response time, but actually they are around 30ms.