Thread: Nvidia optimus do not switch graphics when it required

Nvidia optimus do not switch graphics when it required

Hello friends I am using Asus K53SV laptop and it has NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics. In my laptop Nvidia optimus feature is not working properly. Normally whenever we open any application which does not work properly with onboard graphics at that time optimus should run that application with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics but in my case it does not happen. Optimus does not switch graphics. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Nvidia optimus do not switch graphics when it required

I have read your problem and it looks like you are facing this problem because of the drivers because I have searched on the internet regarding this problem and there are many user who are facing similar problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics and have solved this issue by updating the graphic drivers. That is why I would like to tell you that visit official site of the Nvidai or Asus and then you have to look for the latest graphic drivers and then download it. After downloading those drivers you have to remove previously installed drivers from your laptop and then install new one. After installing new drivers you have to check whether same problem occurs or not. I hope after updating the drivers your problem will get solved.

According to me there is nothing to do with the graphic drivers because I am using Aspire 5742G laptop which has GT 540M GPU and I was also experiencing similar problem with my laptop and then I have first downloaded latest graphic drivers from the official site of the Acer but that does not make any difference I have also tried beta drivers from the Nvidia official site but with that drivers also result was same. Now after that I have come to know that is we have On battery setting is set to balanced for Nvidia graphic power option then also this type of problem can take place. You should have on battery setting set to maximum performance and then you will not face this problem again. First of all you have to open start menu in your laptop and after opening the start menu you have to type power option in start menu search box. Now you have to select power option from the results and then it will open power options window. Now you have to look for the Nvidia graphics option and then expand it. Now click on “On battery” drop down box and then select maximum performance for it and after doing that you have to click on Ok. After selecting the Ok button you have to try to open application or game and then see whether your problem gets solved or not?

If after changing the “On battery” setting in your laptop also if you are experiencing same problem then I would like to tell you that you should first open Nvidia control panel and then you have to check whether expand 3D setting from the left window of the Nvidia control panel and then you have to select Manage 3D setting from there. Now after selecting the mange 3D setting you have to select Global setting tab and then you have to select High Performance NVIDIA graphics from there and then I have clicked on OK. After clicking on OK you have to save see whether problem get solved or not? if this idea does not help you to solve this problem then let me know.

I would like to tell to tell you that you should go to the Nvidia control panel and then you have to select manage 3D setting option. Click on the program setting tab from there. Now After clicking on the program setting tab you have to click on Add button and then select the launch file of the program with which you are facing problem and after that you have to select High performance from select the preferred graphic processor for this program. click on Ok. After doing that you have to apply that setting. Now you have to click on view option and then select option called Add desktop context menu and after selecting that you have to click on OK button. After doing that you have to check what the result is.

I am also using Asus K53SV and I was having similar issue with my laptop. I have tried to solve this problem by changing on battery setting but after doing that also I was experiencing same problem. now after that I have set high performance Nvidia processor for the application from Nvidia control panel and after doing that my problem get solved. I think you should try this solution.