Thread: EPG (Electronic Programming Guide) not working on Philips TV

EPG (Electronic Programming Guide) not working on Philips TV

I recently purchased Phillips TV, but my EPG is not working. I have tried to complain then I understood that it’s not working in many of the countries. Please post here if you have issues with EPG in your country and say which feature doesn’t work exactly. Also, mention the model number and if you have solution mention that too please. I am fed up of this service and would want a solution for this please.

re: EPG (Electronic Programming Guide) not working on Philips TV

Hello I am from Greece. The EPG does not work for the DVB-T TV at all. It only gives information about the current/next show of the current channel only. But no information about the guide or schedule of the week is totally absent. Also, cannot use EPG through the internet. There is an option to install the German version which gives correct guide for the EPG but the clock is set to German time something 3 hours late. So, without correct time the schedule is simply a wastage.

In Russia it is even more frustrating. I had to change regional settings to Germany as DVB-C was disabled for Russia. It said regional settings interacted with the tuning capabilities, if there are no channels then tuner should not find it, not change the setting. The search process also takes much time and I can’t disable for “user satisfaction and improvement”. And with German installation the EPG is not working at all. Not even showing the current/next program for current channel. So, In Russia it is worse for EPG than other countries I think.

We should at least know what countries do not support EPG by Philips. They should release an official statement saying that and when they gonna solve this problem. We purchased for all the features of the TV, not to find only part of it missing. I think only a few selected countries have the EPG working. We shouldn’t find about such an important problem in the TV after we paid so many Euros for a defective TV set. Customers deserve to know about the problems.

I’m facing the same problem here. My model no. is 32PFL9604 purchased in 2009. Other brand’s TV are enjoying this EPG without any problem. That’s why purchasing the small-sector companies is always a problem, they cut their costs by not giving adequate service afterwards. The Phillips Company don’t care about customer feedback once the product is sold I think, this is so embarrassing. We should all complain to this earliest.

Ok, so from what I read, EPG is working fine in Germany, Spain and Italy. It is not working in Greece, Russia, France and Croatia. It’s strange that it is not working in France too. Well, Croatian don’t have a problem as they can save the German version and since they are in same time zone so no clock issues. That’s’ why I made this post, I am soon gonna complain to them about the problem the countries are facing and will demand a solution soon. I am asking others to give complaints too.

Re: EPG (Electronic Programming Guide) not working on Philips TV

Hello,
    I recently bought a RC9800i remote control. EPM is not available on the website of Philips, so i cannot join, so i get no activationcode. I live in the Netherlands (where is Philips HQ situated??).