Thread: Nvidia Geforce 610M 32-bit driver for Windows 7?

Nvidia Geforce 610M 32-bit driver for Windows 7?

Currently I am using the Asus K53SD laptop. The video card in it is Geforce 610M 2GB. The problem is it the games running in it freeze frequently. Even if I play HD video, then also I feel frequent lag throughout the video play. It does not seem to be a normal issue. Before time I was using the Windows XP 32bit but now after seeing these terrible issues I am looking forward to update to Windows 7 32-bit (x86). Currently on the Nvidia site only 64 drivers for this card listed there but no 32-bit. Can someone tell me why the Nvidia has not released the 32bit driver for this card? Is there any other Nvidia 32-bit driver compatible with this card? I am looking forward for your suggestions?

Re: Nvidia Geforce 610M 32-bit driver for Windows 7?

You've downloaded the driver from the nVidia website? It would be possible for you to install older driver like Windows XP or Vista 32 bit drivers in Windows 7 32 bit using the compatibility mode. For this the automatic downloader or installer may not work. You have to get the driver file and manually try to install it from there. If it does not work, then try Windows updater. Sometimes the Windows 7 update able to install Generic driver for your card so which you can run the GPU without any problem. I don’t know why Nvidia has not released a 32bit driver yet. I didn’t check it but I don’t think that it will do like so. Their drivers are compatible with all Windows Oss whether it is a 32bit or 64-bit.

Re: Nvidia Geforce 610M 32-bit driver for Windows 7?

Personally, I just bought a Gateway computer with NVidia GeForce 610M and all the drivers were automatically included! But otherwise I'm digging on the website ... I cannot find more! I do not know anything more than this. In my programs, it displays NVIDIA Graphics Driver 285.64 and Nvidia PhysX. I think that it would be better if you stay with Windows XP only. The problem you are having not due to the driver but with the intergraded Graphics. Both drivers might be leading to conflict thus causing the system to crash and freeze. I would go in the BIOS, disable the HD Graphic to have only the GeForce for Windows activated. I can’t guarantee if it can help but at least you should check once.