Thread: Too much zooming of display when CFx used with Eyefinity

Too much zooming of display when CFx used with Eyefinity

I have an ATI Radeon HD 6870 in my PC and I use three identical ViewSonic 24-inch LCDs setup for display of my system. Whenever I play games, I notice that the game loses its framerates when some heavy scene comes into the game. By heavy scene, I mean too many AI units or scenes where multiple explosions take place. I have a MSI motherboard on which I have crossfired my graphic card along with another graphic card for better output. The secondary graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 5770. ATI Radeon HD 6870 which acts as my primary graphic card has Eyefinity enabled on it. On this setup, the games work fine without any problem. But when I enable CFx for good particle effects, the display of the game zooms in so much that the game become impossible to play. I was playing Alpha Protocol when I first noticed it. I thought that this game must be incompatible with combination of Eyefinity and CFx, but same thing happened when I started playing Mafia II and Crysis 2. Can someone tell me why this is happening? I am currently playing with CFx disabled, but I want to have the great quality that CFx gives.

Re: Too much zooming of display when CFx used with Eyefinity

Did you recently update the graphic drivers? I have noticed that many times updating or changing the graphic drivers changes the layout of monitors that have been set by the users. The monitors must be previously properly lined up numerically in the settings. Now that you have updated the drivers, the setting must have changed resulting in the improper display. You can downgrade the display drivers and manually change the settings of the monitor. Once you get the proper display, note down the proper sequence in which the monitors are arranged by the display driver. Now again install the latest version of drivers and manually change the settings of the monitor’s arrangement to match the proper sequence. In this technique you might sometimes get wrong display on wrong monitor, which is 1-2-3 will be rearranged in 2-3-1 combination or some other combination. At this point, you will need to manually change the positions of the monitors on your desk.

Re: Too much zooming of display when CFx used with Eyefinity

It must be happening because the graphic cards that you are using are of different series and different architecture. Though they can be crossfired, their drivers are different and this may be the reason that they are conflicting among each other. It is better if you use graphic cards of same series and more better if you use both the graphic cards of same model number while crossfiring each other. Though it is working fine in your computer, many times such mismatched formations lead to various complications. I have seen people using mismatched combination of graphic cards only to get page tearing and low framerate in the games.