Thread: Nvidia Kepler based graphic cards in medium and low price range

Nvidia Kepler based graphic cards in medium and low price range

I recently read that Nvidia are releasing new graphic cards which are based on Kepler technology and provide a high quality of graphics in a PC. I am using Nvidia graphic cards from past many years and I have noticed that any new technology or product that is innovative, when launched by Nvidia usually has a high price for coming many years. I watched the demo video of the graphics that are rendered by Kepler graphic cards. I loved them and planning to buy one of the graphic card. The problem is that I don’t have a big budget to buy a high end graphic card, so I prefer to buy a graphic card that has price of medium range or low price range. Can anyone suggest me some Nvidia graphic card according to my need, it must have Kepler technology in it that the main need?

Re: Nvidia Kepler based graphic cards in medium and low price range

Nvidia graphic cards which are of series GK106 and GK107 are the low end cards and some of them have Kepler Technology in them. You can try Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti which has Kepler technology and will be found in low price range and will fulfill most of your needs. I installed it to play Crysis 2 on my PC. It is a DirectX 11 compatible graphic card and useful for supporting all the latest games that are available in the market. The detailing of graphics that is provided by this graphic card makes the visuals of the game look so realistic that you will feel that you are watching a movie and not a game. This graphic card ha the technology that makes the tessellation for film like geometric details when fully utilized. The shaders provide such a detailing in the textures that the details look realistic. The functionality for multi-threading has been improved a lot in this graphic card. Using this graphic card, you can enjoy gaming, movies and view images in 3D stereoscopic view. This graphic card has been programmed to use the CUDA function which gives more headroom to execute more tasks at a same time and give a good performance to the user. This is done by implementing parallel computing architecture to utilize the power of graphic card to full extent. It also comes with PhysX technology that is used for achieving the real life like physical actions in the game. It is useful of generating realistic physical simulations to show the cloth like effect and realistic destruction of objects in the game. Using this technology, particles effects and fluid effects have been improved a lot. This graphic card also supports SLI technology, that is, you can connect more than one graphic card together and use their power combined to achieve a great quality of graphics. You can also use this graphic card to control three monitors together using the 3D surround technology to achieve a wide screen kind of effect. This graphic card is one of the lowest priced in the Kepler technology enabled graphic card. It will cost you around 95 pounds. The price many vary depending on the region where you buy it from.

Other graphic cars that have Kepler technology in it and will cost you less is Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti. It too has same specifications as Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti. The only difference is that it has a good performance if compared to Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti as it comes with 384 CUDA cores and more advanced architecture. It too is one of the lowest priced graphic cards in Kepler series. You can also try Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 Ti. The big difference it has is that it has four Graphics Processing Clusters which improve the detailed rendering that the graphic card provides.

The first graphic card by Nvidia to have the Kepler technology implemented was, Nvidia geForce 680 Ti. The chip that was used in this graphic card, which is GK104 was the first of its kind that was supported by the Kepler architecture. This technology proved to give a high performance which was never seen before. About the processor it used, it is a 28 nm fab process at TSMC. The processor chips that are used in this graphic card are 1536 CUDA cores. Due to this the performance of this graphic card is three times faster and efficient than Nvidia GeForce GTX 580. It features 256-bit wide memory interface which is possible because of use DDR5 type of memory processors. Because of it s large core base of 1006 MHz, it provides an excellent clock speed. It also has core boost of 1056 MHz and memory of frequency 1502 MHz. The best part of this architecture is that it provides memory interface bandwidth of 192 GB/s. A new technology by name GPU Boost is also used which optimizes the functioning of the graphic card based on the parameters like load, voltages, temperatures, and auto-tunes clock speeds. The graphic card detects all this and decides what performance it should deliver and in which part it should restrict itself. It also has Adaptive V-Sync which manages the transition between lower than refresh-rate frame-rates, and V-sync rate. This enables to have a smooth framerate and also maintains the consistency in them. This will prevent the page tearing and lagging of games to a high rate. TXAA anti-aliasing algorithm has also been introduced for better anti-aliasing in this graphic card.