Thread: Unable to eliminate high pitch sound in Asus ve278q LCD Monitor

Unable to eliminate high pitch sound in Asus ve278q LCD Monitor

Not even a week passed away after I bought this new Asus ve278q and it started giving me problems. the problem is that even if I sit far away from the display I can hear a high pitch sound which really irritates me a lot. I know that almost all the monitors have this high pitch sound and also the issue might sound too normal and not so serious to you but let me tell you that I am facing this issue from the time I bought it. Already I tried out muting the sound completely and other thing but nothing worked until yet. Am unable to find a dynamic contract for turning off.

Another interesting I would like to tell you is that whenever reduced the brightness to half or below 50% I have noticed a significant drop down in the high pitch sound but it however does not reduced to the least or 0%, why is it so? Now I am planning to wait for more 10 days and if within that 10 days if the issue does not went off then surely I am going to replace or return it.

Re: Unable to eliminate high pitch sound in Asus ve278q LCD Monitor

Seems like your issue is exactly the same as mine. I am also suffering from the same annoying high pitch sound. I must say that this sound really not just irritates me but also sometimes gets headache. Even my monitor is some 10 days older and from the first day onwards I have noticed that the issue is getting too serious, I mean to say that as the days are passing the sound is getting much louder. Not just this but also the bottom right corner of my LCD screen has now started becoming bit light with some bright and dark patches.

The only difference between you and me is that I have already made a replacement order by contacting the Asus customer service instead of breaking my head in solving the issue. they themselves concluded to me that my lcd is faulty therefore I need to get it replaced and that’s what I am going to do. Better you to do the same if possible.

Replacement is not a big deal but there are certain things that are needed to be considered. First of all I would like to tell you that Best Buy is my only market and currently they do not have any extra buffer of this particular product so therefore right now I am waiting for them to perform the replacement as soon as possible. And according to them during the course of replacement if my product’s issue resolved I will have to probably inform them so that they cancel the replacement. Also at the time of replacement they will check out for the same. Anyways even after the replacement if the replaced product shows the same behavior then I might go for some other monitor. Already my friend have suffered from the same issue and also after he did the replacement the new product too showed him the same symptoms and issue. therefore he simply returned the product and went for a Samsung LCD i.e. SAMSUNG S27A350H.

That’s a great option you could switch to some other product but probably not SAMSUNG S27A350H. let me tell you, SAMSUNG S27A350H might look pretty nice but however its stand looks similar to LG IPS236V which I already have so therefore I won’t be going with this one. Already I have seen some other Samsung monitors with the same stand at the store and also tried to move them little bit and they literally shakes or vibrates as the same as LG. Better if asked me even I would go for Samsung but not the same model instead I would go for Samsung 226BW which seriously look great also functions well. I had this monitor some 5 years ago and it ran for next 3 to 4 years continuously without creating any issue. it was one of my favorite.

Unfortunate without knowing about its history I bought 3 asus ve278q and as expected two of them got defected with the same issue. I was once suggested to RMI it but then even after doing so nothing changed, it only added some extra external issues like scratches to the back side of the monitor. But somewhere I have a feeling that RMI is the only option that could solve the issue so therefore I have decided that I will keep doing RMI until and unless the problem is fixed. But along side I will also update the customer service center about this issue. and even after providing the support center with so many information if they fail to fix up the issue then they might lose one of their retained customer.

Read almost all the review of newegg for this asus monitor and trust me none of them have mentioned or complained about this issue. I personally used newegg’s search feature on all the reviews of VE278Q and VK278Q. There are some 4 to 5 reports related to these models but not the same which you mentioned. Anyways I however replaced from best bay and also tested it. Till now no such negative behavior, I can’t hear any high pitched whine and therefore very much happy but I won’t say that the issue is sorted as still I can hear a popping sound in the back when I turn off the machine. Checked out the speakers which were turned off but then too I noticed this small beep kind of sound. Other than this rest everything was fine. All this behaviors never happened with the previous Asus VK278Q I had.

Look what I personally believe is that the issue could be due to only these limited following reasons:
    • Grounding issue
    • Electrical problem
    • EMI line noise
    In my case I do have a fluorescent light that is plugged into the same circuit but not the same outlet, now at a time the electrical noise it produces makes an audible buzzing sound in the monitor. Also I had one of those line conditioners which however didn’t reduced or stopped the noise although it was worse without it. Not sure whether your issue is same as what I said but you can check it out. You know even plasma TV creates bit of RFI.

Read almost all the review of newegg for this asus monitor and trust me none of them have mentioned or complained about this issue. I personally used newegg’s search feature on all the reviews of VE278Q and VK278Q. There are some 4 to 5 reports related to these models but not the same which you mentioned. Anyways I however replaced from best bay and also tested it. Till now no such negative behavior, I can’t hear any high pitched whine and therefore very much happy but I won’t say that the issue is sorted as still I can hear a popping sound in the back when I turn off the machine. Checked out the speakers which were turned off but then too I noticed this small beep kind of sound. Other than this rest everything was fine. All this behaviors never happened with the previous Asus VK278Q I had.

Till now no such negative behavior, I can’t hear any high pitched whine and therefore very much happy but I won’t say that the issue is sorted as still I can hear a popping sound in the back when I turn off the machine. Checked out the speakers which were turned off but then too I noticed this small beep kind of sound. Other than this rest everything was fine. All this behaviors never happened with the previous Asus VK278Q I had.
    I am sure in your case its probably only the speaker. I guess this monitor does not have that high pitch sound issue as in other previous monitors. But however other than this is yet another issue which is till now encountered in only my monitor. The screen keeps on flickering, its not actually flickering but I can notice some wave kind of pattern. I guess its due to the display frequency or something like that. If on standard mode then this flickering is noticed more brightly. I am sure its just because of the brightness, I still remember when I messed up with the brightness settings and after that on any mode if the brightness level is dropped down below 80 the wavy pattern becomes noticeable and at 0 also the condition is worst.