Thread: Need proper dual monitor setting for VGA and Display port in Lenovo ThinkCentre M58

Need proper dual monitor setting for VGA and Display port in Lenovo ThinkCentre M58

I am using Lenovo ThinkCentre M58 desktop computer and I am trying to setup dual monitor with my machine. I have connected one monitor with VGA port and another monitor with Displayport. Now when I start computer at that time monitor which is connected with Display port remains in sleep mode. After starting computer if I activate second monitor from display setting at that time it works fine, but computer never start with both screen activated. I have windows 7 OS in my machine. How can I solve this problem?

Re: Need proper dual monitor setting for VGA and Display port in Lenovo ThinkCentre M58

You should try these steps to solve this problem. First you have to start your computer with one monitor only and then you have to activate another monitor from display setting. After doing that you have to set your monitor which connected with display port as main (primary) monitor and after setting that you have to restart your computer and after restarting computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? I am suggesting you this solution because I was also having same problem with my computer and then I have select mi monitor as main monitor and then my problem get solved. Now whenever I start my computer at that time it I get display on both screen. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

Re: Need proper dual monitor setting for VGA and Display port in Lenovo ThinkCentre M58

I am also trying to setup dual monitor with my laptop and facing similar issue. I have read above solution about setting monitor as main monitor but after starting computer with single monitor I have activated another monitor I my computer. Now after that I have tried to set my monitor which is connected with display port as main monitor but I don’t know how to do that. Please let me know exact steps about setting monitor as main monitor. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    I am also trying to setup dual monitor with my laptop and facing similar issue. I have read above solution about setting monitor as main monitor but after starting computer with single monitor I have activated another monitor I my computer. Now after that I have tried to set my monitor which is connected with display port as main monitor but I don’t know how to do that. Please let me know exact steps about setting monitor as main monitor. Thank you in advance.
    To set your monitor as main monitor you have to follow these steps.
    • You have to first open control panel.
    • Now click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • After that you have to select Personalization
    • Go to display setting.
    • Choose monitor tab.
    • Select monitor which you want to set as primary.
    • Check “This is my main monitor” option
    • Click on ok.

After performing above straps also if you are experiencing same problem then let me know.

I have read your problem and I think you need to change setting from the BIOS menu to solve this problem. You have to check in the BIOS setting of your computer whether display port is set as primary device or not? if it is not set as primary display then you have to set it as primary. First restart your computer and after that you have to go to BIOS setting and select display port as primary from advance tab. Now save that setting and then you have to restart your computer. after restarting your computer you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not?

Well I have set another monitor as primary display but after doing that also I was having same problem. Now after that I have set display port as primary display device from BIOS but that does not make any difference. I have also tried to search solution on internet but that does not make any difference. if anyone have solution regarding this problem then let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

You should try to solve this problem by updating BIOS in your computer. Many times doing BIOS update can help us to solve this type of problems. Go to official site of Lenovo and then you have to downloaded latest BIOS update file and then burn bootable disc and update BIOS. After updating BIOS you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? I hope after doing BIOS updating you will not face any issue with dual monitor setup.

Same problem occurred with me also. I have first thought problem is with display settings but after trying all the possible setting also same problem occurred. Now after that I have contact Lenovo support and ask for the solution. After that they have told me to update BIOS and then I have update BIOS in my PC and then problem get solved.