Thread: Facing sudden crash with Nvidia 8400 GS Graphics Card

Facing sudden crash with Nvidia 8400 GS Graphics Card

My system is having Nvidia 8400 GS Graphics Card and I have been facing sudden crash when I am playing a 3D game, I mean that when the game crashes and when I reboot the machine then the game works fine for some while and then gain gets crashed, I have found that the taskbar and start menu some time appears to be slightly corrupted as well having weird colors and then crashes again, I thought that it was because of overheating but then I have checked out the temps and they appear to be normal. Is there anything that I have to do to fix this issue??

Re: Facing sudden crash with Nvidia 8400 GS Graphics Card

My system is having Nvidia 8400 GS Graphics Card and I have been facing sudden crash when I am playing a 3D game, I mean that when the game crashes and when I reboot the machine then the game works fine for some while and then gain gets crashed, I have found that the taskbar and start menu some time appears to be slightly corrupted as well having weird colors and then crashes again, I thought that it was because of overheating but then I have checked out the temps and they appear to be normal. Is there anything that I have to do to fix this issue??
    In that case I just wanted to know that have you tried uninstalling and resinstalling the driver, if not then try out the same and see if the issue is getting solved or not, if not then try out the driver uninstalltion and reinstallation process in safe mode as well and see if it is making any difference you can also try to get the latest driver for you video card as well. Just check out these possible solutions and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

I have tried uninstalling Nvidia 8400 GS driver using driver sweeper for cleaning up the left out of the files and after rebooting the windows logo as appearing to be corrupted but then I got a pop up saying found new hardware and trying to install the video controller vga adaptable drivers and after the installation was completed things were working fine for some time and then when I tried playing the games then it crashed again. I have checked out the device manager and it says video controller vga compatible but then I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anything else that I can try out because I have already tried out uninstalling and reinstalling driver several times and did not had any luck yet. Is there anything else that I can try out further to get rid of this issue??

I just want to know the below things, so just check out them and post it here for further help.
    1. System spec
    2. MB-CPU-RAM-PSU brand/wattage
    3. Temp and voltage readings via BIOS
    4. Test result of the card on other system

Just provide me the above information so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

System specification:
    • Motherboard -Microstar MS-7145 Chipset: Ati Express 200
    • CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.4GHz
    • RAM- DDR 1024mb
    • PSU- Mustiff 500W PSU

The video card temp seems to be 69C where as the CPU temp is 43 C, I have not checked out the card in other system yet as I am not able to arrange it currently.

You have not yet mentioned the voltage readings in the BIOS, just check out the same and let me know what they are, I wanted to add that you are having a Poor Quality PSU and there are possibilities that it might be due to overheating, a better idea will be reseating the graphic card and then reinstalling the driver for the same.

I have reseated the graphics card and I am not facing any crash but then I am running in to new issue now and it is that the system is getting freeze randomly, I am really running out of ideas now playing game is just not possible as the game freezes just after it starts and I have to restart the machine for avoiding the same, below is the Bios Readings:
    3.18V
    5.01V
    12.1V
    Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I am having the same graphic card in my system and I have been facing the same issues that you have mentioned above uninstalling and reinstalling the driver is not helping, I have even tried reinstalling the windows as well but then did not had any luck, I have found a number of other people having the same issue, some has mentioned that there is something wrong with the graphic card fabrics but then I am not very sure about the same, I have tested out the card in other machine as well and have got the same response, I think that the card itself is the culprit.