Thread: Good graphic card to handle three screens

Good graphic card to handle three screens

Hello friends, I am thinking to buy a new graphic card and that must be from the Nvidia. I am searching for the cheapest one to buy and that should handle three screens. Out of these three screens, two are over DVI and the third one is over HDMI/DP. I know that I can work with the three hdmi but that must be included in the case.

Currently I am running the old PCIe 9800 card and I getting some lag problem with this while I open the DualLayer Blu-Ray (BD50). Other than this, I don’t wish to make use of the third screen with the VGA output S I m doing it in the same way with my existing card. I am expecting some good suggestion from here. If you have any suggestion for me then please post that over here. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Good graphic card to handle three screens

I would like to tell you that other than the expensive dual-GPU GTX590, each of the nVidia cards are having support for the maximum of 2 monitors and not more than that. Currently you are making use of the motherboard graphics. If you wish to use 3 monitors devoid of the onboard VGA, you will require to have two cards and also one motherboard which is having two PCIe x16 slots.

Yes, this is correct that the single GPU video is only having support for the two monitors. If you are using dual video card similar to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 otherwise EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win then you will be able to output upto four monitors. There is one another alternative for this and that is the Galaxy MDT video cards but you are limited with the resolution and refresh rate that you can set with the cards.

I think that it will be better for you if you can go for the Nvidia's GeForce GTX 590. Nvidia's GeForce GTX 590 is based on two GF110 GPUs, which are produced in the 40-nm process from TSMC and each carrying about three billion transistors. In addition, the cores are selected in the way so that will be used on the graphics card, only the best of its kind. Since it is a multi-GPU card, SLI technology is the in-house, including their advantages and disadvantages for use. On the GeForce GTX 590 GPU, there are six 64 per bit wide memory interface and hence the memory interface is equivalent to 384-bit. Thus, the memory size is 1536MB and the marketing likes to talk about three gigabytes per memory controller. There is traditionally a cluster of eight ROP ROP - 48 ROPs per GF110.

The two GPUs are driven by means of its own nForce 200 chips, each with 16 PCIe lanes to the second generation. This allows the cores to communicate the full bandwidth and the video card is also equipped with full lanes on the PCI bus of the motherboard.

GeForce GTX 580's combines on a video card is almost by definition impossible. A single GTX 580 is of a TDP of 244 watts, a duo card would therefore about double hatch. Such energy is not possible within the current standards for a video card to carry. So I also think that this will be the best option for you.

My suggestion to you is to go for the EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2Win. EVGA GTX 560 Ti has achieved 2Win, a video card features two GF114 GPUs on a single PCB. This product was designed and built by the company, as Nvidia has never presented a similar solution. This is the second series card 2Win, after the model came out in March based on two core GF104 (Dual GTX 460). There is just one drawback and that is the system is just having 1GB of video memory for each GPU (against 1.5 GB for a GTX 580). The 29 cm of PCBs are overcome by a enormous cooling system combining heat pipes, aluminum radiator as well as three fans. Power is provided by two PCI-Express 8-pin. At this level, EVGA recommends a PSU of at least 700W.

I would like to tell you that the older video programs are not having support for the video card for playing movies similar to the VLC otherwise the previous versions of power dvd. If you wish to make use of the video card then you will require to have the program which is having support for the newer video card play back and I would recommend the power dvd 10. Other than this the xoom player is also making use of the video card.

You can also keep the GeForce 9800 GTX and that will worlk for you but I am unsure that if your mobo is having two PCIe slots.

I am using the Galaxy MDT GeForce GT 520 Graphics Card and I can tell you for sure that this can do the thing that you want it to do. I have connected three screens with it and those are running without any problem.

I am using the Galaxy MDT GeForce GT 520 Graphics Card and I can tell you for sure that this can do the thing that you want it to do. I have connected three screens with it and those are running without any problem.