Thread: Need help with 3x 30" Setup (EVGA GTX 680)

Need help with 3x 30" Setup (EVGA GTX 680)

I have bought a EVGA GTX 680 and I am having 3x 30" Monitors which is capable of displaying resolution of 2560x1600 and in m y case I am having two monitors connected to the third via DVI, I have been trying to use the same via Hdmi or display port to dvi cable, so here my question is that can I use the HDMI or display port to get the output of 2560x1600 from 680, by now I have been trying my best but then but then I am not able to get more than 1280x800, I have tried out hdmi v4 to dvd-d dual link as well as a Display port active adaptor to dvi-d dual link but none of these method are not able to give me more than 1280x800, so is there anyone who can help me out in getting 2560x1600, any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Need help with 3x 30" Setup (EVGA GTX 680)

I have bought a EVGA GTX 680 and I am having 3x 30" Monitors which is capable of displaying resolution of 2560x1600 and in m y case I am having two monitors connected to the third via DVI, I have been trying to use the same via Hdmi or display port to dvi cable, so here my question is that can I use the HDMI or display port to get the output of 2560x1600 from 680, by now I have been trying my best but then but then I am not able to get more than 1280x800, I have tried out hdmi v4 to dvd-d dual link as well as a Display port active adaptor to dvi-d dual link but none of these method are not able to give me more than 1280x800, so is there anyone who can help me out in getting 2560x1600, any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.
    As far as I am aware the connection of display port to active dual link dvi should help you in getting 2560x1600 but then I am not that sure about the same, I am sure that you won’t get the same with HDMI, I will address this to nvidia and find it out, till then I just wanted to share that if you are willing to use the display for monitoring then you can try to add another 680 and that would be a better ideas as well, I have tried using single 57X10 and I have really got a better gaming experience with it, I have tried out 75X16 as well but then it was having a lot of pixels. So in short I just I just wanted to say that if you will be spending $3000 for monitors as such then you will have to spend $1000 worth of GPUs as well. Hope that helps.

In that case that I will like to inform you that HDMI is just limited to single link connection and it dual-link connection is really not supported by it, I think that the panel inside your monitor might be having a maximum resolution of 1280x800 after connecting it via single-link where as on the Display Port you will have to get a DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter but then it will be quite costly as well, I am not aware of the other places but then here in USA it costs between $70-$100, I think that using A single link DisplayPort to DVI adapter you will be facing the same issue as that of the using HDMI cable, I mean that you won’t be able to get more resolution of 1280x800, I think that a better idea will be running a cheap gpu card say GeForce 210 for your 3rd monitor.

If you are willing to run all the three monitors together as per the gaming purpose then you have the below two options:
    1. Either you will have to get a DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter
    2. Or you will have to get second GeForce GTX 680's DVI-D port

I have suggested you the above two options because as far as the Surround gaming is concerned it is supported by SLI and it needs two similar gpus for the same, if you will be getting a different GPU then it will allow you to run get the display running at full resolution but then it just won’t be feasible for Surround gaming, in short you won’t get a better gaming experience like one has already mentioned above.

Hey guys thanks for your suggestion but then I am not willing to get the same for gaming but then I will using it just for Video Editing, I have checked out some Display port to Dual Link DVI Adaptor but then as I am in uk it is for £90 where as Geforce 210 is for £20 and there is a very big difference of £70 approximately, I also wanted to know that if I will be getting high resolution monitors then will they be reducing cuda performance and so??? I am not that sure about it but then I have heard that it does?? Do you all have any information about the same?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

If you want then you can check out Bizlink Display Port to Dual Link DVI-D Converter- it will be costing you around $99.99 and you can get it from the nvidia site, it’s specification is as followed:
    Connectivity:
    • Connector 1: Male 1x20 DisplayPort
    • Connector 2: female 1 x 24 pin digital DVI-D
    • Connector 3: Male USB connector for power

Resolution:
    • This converter is capable of supporting below resolution
    • 2560x1600 @ 60 Hz for 2D displays
    • 1920x1200 @ 120Hz for professional 3D projectors.
    • 1920x1080 @ 120Hz for 3D Vision Ready LCDs

You can also check out the UltraAV DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual-Link adapter, it is compliant to DisplayPort Content Protection as well as High-Definition Content Protection, the adapter is also capable of supporting DVI-D Dual-Link resolution of 2560x1600 (WQXGA) including 1080p as well, it supports 36-bit color depth and will help one fulfilling meeting his display need. It’s compatibility and support is mentioned below:
    • It is compatible with DisplayPort 1.1 specification for 1.62 as well as for 2.7Gbps
    • It is compatible with Digital Visual Interface (DVI) version 1.0 specification
    • It supports Single-Link DVI-D as well as Dual-Link DVI-D and IT comes with a built in active protocol converter.

If you want then you can check out the CAC-1050 - Club 3D UltraAV DisplayPort to Active DVI Dual-Link cable as well it will allow you to connect an external with the help of an adapter and further you can use the CAC-1050 - Club 3D for connecting a 27" or 30" monitor and getting a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. It is said to be compatible with AMD Eyefinity and it comes with the below connectors:
    • Connector 1: Display Port Male
    • Connector 2: DVI Active Dual Link Female

You can check out for the online shops where you can get the CLUB 3D products, I am not aware of its price, just check it out.