Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Queries regarding setup of Nvidia GTX 680

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 04-04-2012

Queries regarding setup of Nvidia GTX 680

I have 3 BenQ 22? monitors at my home which have only VGA connections and no DVI or HDMI connection. There is no display port to it too. I will be buying an Nvidia GTX 680 to get the 3D surround effect using the 3 monitors. I know, with one graphic card supporting three monitors will give me low FPS, but I will soon be buying a second graphic card to get an SLI effect. Till then I would like to use only one graphic card. Can anyone tell me how to setup Nvidia GTX 680 for three screens with total resolution of 1680x1040? These all monitors are of same manufacturer and same model number along with all the attributes same.

Old 04-04-2012

Re: Queries regarding setup of Nvidia GTX 680

I think that without dual graphic card which will support the SLI system, achieving a 3D surround effect is not easy. Till you get a new graphic card, I suggest that you should use 2D surround instead of 3D surround. For 2D surround you need to have monitors whose framerate, frequency and timing is perfect. The connectors of every monitor also need to be same. If you are using a fourth monitor just for other tasks, then it can even be a different monitor from other three. Nvidia GTX 680 has two DVI connectors, one HDMI connector and a DisplayPort connector. You can connect the three monitors on which you want to achieve a 2D surround effect should be connected using DVI and HDMI connectors. The fourth monitor can be connected using the DisplayPort.
Old 04-04-2012

If you are trying to use 3D surround using Nvidia GTX 680, then remember connecting monitor to DisplayPort output must have a DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter. This is to maintain the consistency in working of DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter. This adapter will be available in Nvidia store for purchase and I recommend you to use the official Nvidia accessories as it does not gives any issues related to compatibility. Some BenQ monitors come with inbuilt Dual-Link DVI adapter, I don?t know which model you are using, read the manual to find out this details about your monitor. If your monitor supports this function then there is no need to buy an extra adapter.
Old 04-04-2012

I suggest that if you want to run multiple monitors using a single graphic card, then buy ATI Radeon HD 7970. It will be easier to install and will support the monitors without any problems. You won?t even need to buy an second graphic card to add extra boost to this graphic card.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,