Thread: Which graphic card to upgrade from GTX 470

Which graphic card to upgrade from GTX 470

I need some advice in upgrading my gpu from GTX 470. I need a much better and faster card for upgrade. It does not matter if I need to go for a new motherboard also. Rightnow I have a amd processor which looks fine enough in performance. What I need is a good gpu which is better than GTX 470. Which one which you recommended me. Thanks.

Re: Which graphic card to upgrade from GTX 470

I will advice you to go for GTX 560Ti. This card will work on your existing motherboard and provides 3D output. It offer you DirectX 11 support which provides high quality video game graphics. This card is based on Fermi architecture of Gtx 400/500 series. This card work on 16 parallel engine instead of single serial unit for tessellation. In simple word this card is 8 time faster then your existing gpu. Other than physx support offer more processing power to the gpu. It give you clear graphic output at a higher speed. One additional benefit you will get is 3D vision. If you want to can have it or it is just your choice. You can have a 3D vision support with the card where you will need wifi 3d glasses to play the game. I do not think the card might be much costly.

You can try to find more features and performance output on google. If look in detail in the specification of GTX 560Ti and GTX 470 you can simply find what is the exact different between them.

Yes GTX 560Ti is a nice card. It is for heavy performance. The card can give you 3d quality output in your pc. But it recommended that you have a good motherboard and psu unit with high definition monitor. Or else you cannot enjoy the benefit of high quality display.

If you are looking for a onetime upgrade then go for GTX 570. A high series card with more feature. As the series of card expands the specification and performance also keeps on improving. This card is based on the gpu architecture of G80 graphics. This architecture offer you extended performance than any other card. This card has lot more similar features like GTX 560Ti. What matters is better support and long working capacity. Like 560Ti it also support DirectX 11 tessellation. The games work fine and according to me this is less resource hungry. With physx engine support you cannot imagine the graphic output you will receive. One additional feature this card has is Real time Ray tracing. This offer you perfect images and reflections in the game. It also offer a better photo realistic lighting which makes the game environment more realistic. But there should be a game which must have all this stuff in it.

Have a look on GTX 680. This is a bit costly card but recommended for gaming purpose only. It has all those features that you are looking for a gpu. It is a good card in terms of performance.

GTX 680 has many variants. If you are looking for a similar performance card in AMD then you can look for specification of AMD Radeon HD 7970. AMD advantage you more gpu power while nvidia is good for performance. There is a great difference between the price of Nvidi and Amd gpu. Many better features are available in the amd version on low cost. But the thing is that people rely on nvidia for better performance output.

There is one more low range card which comes a bit higher than GTX 470 is GTX 550. Try to have a look on its specification. I am not aware much about this but the graphic card is quiet good in performance.

Under AMD this is one more good card similar to GTX 470 or higher than this Hd 6870. First of all it depends on your motherboard performance which card you want purchase. You cannot go for really high range or very low range card. As per on the specification of your motherboard go for the most the highest card. Because anyhow if you purchase the wrong card your system might reboot continuously. So it is necessary to choose the right medium range card. You must have mentioned the exact motherboard model you are using.