Thread: GeForce GTX 570 is crashing when playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

GeForce GTX 570 is crashing when playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

My system is having GeForce GTX 570 in my system and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 then the computer crashes with a blank screen and there are some colors(pink,Blue) as well which changes accordingly, I am able to hear the buzzing sound as well, I have been trying to run the Battlefield 3 as well and it is appearing to be running fine at around 60 fps on high settings without any such issues, I have tried reinstalling Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 but then it is not making any difference, it seems as if there is some issues with the graphic card and it need to be replaced but then I am not very sure about the same as it is running the Battlefield 3 without any issues. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: GeForce GTX 570 is crashing when playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

My system is having GeForce GTX 570 in my system and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 then the computer crashes with a blank screen and there are some colors(pink,Blue) as well which changes accordingly, I am able to hear the buzzing sound as well, I have been trying to run the Battlefield 3 as well and it is appearing to be running fine at around 60 fps on high settings without any such issues, I have tried reinstalling Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 but then it is not making any difference, it seems as if there is some issues with the graphic card and it need to be replaced but then I am not very sure about the same as it is running the Battlefield 3 without any issues. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I just want you to post your system specification? So that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well. Just post it here for further help.

I think that there is nothing wrong with the graphic card as you are not having any issues in playing other games but then there is something wrong with the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 itself, reinstalling should have solved if there was any minor issues with the game and so, anyways you can also try out running the Modern Warfare 3 in Clean Boot, you can just follow the below article for trying out the possible troubleshooting as well.
    How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    just check it out and then let me know the response that you get for the same.

My system specification is as followed:
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K stock at 3.4 GHz
    • Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper TX-3
    • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    • Power Supply: 1000W Cooler Master Silent pro 80+ Bronze
    • RAM: 8 GB
    • HD: 1 TB Seagate

If there is nothing wrong with the graphic card there is there anything I can do to solve out this issue??

I was facing the same issue with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 after upgrading to i5/ssd/560ti but then later I was able to solve out the issue by doing the below two things:
    • First go in to the advanced power management and then disable the PCI express "link state power management" which will be in Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
    • When you are done with the above changes then go in to nvidia control panel 3d settings and then set "power management mode" to "prefer maximum performance"

Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping you as well or not. I think that it will probably help you out.

I have tried out the same but then it is not making any difference in my case, I have by now tried out the below solution but then they have not helped:
    • Reinstalling the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 several times
    • Reformatting hard drive
    • Updating the graphic card driver to the latest
    • Tried playing the game in Clean Boot
    • I have tried making the two changes that has been mentioned above.

Is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of the crash?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

You have tried out the possible workaround so far but then I don’t know why they are not making any difference in your case,it seems as if something is interfering with the game resulting in the crash, anyways just follow the below things and see if it is making any difference in the result:
    1. Just disable all the other program except the game
    2. Disable windows AERO if you are using the same
    3. Disable any antivirus program that you might be using for that moment

Just check it out and post back the result that you get after this.

I am not very sure about your case but then my friend was once facing the pink artifact screen of death, even he was using GeForce GTX 570, the issue occurred after he had updated the driver to 290.36 but then later after a lot of trouble shooting he was able to solve the issue out by rolling back to the old driver that he was using, it was 296.10 as far as I remember, so just check it out and see if you are having the same case or not, if yes then try rolling back to the previous driver or to 296.10 and see if you are able to get rid of the artifact screen of death.

It seems as if there is something wrong with the graphics card itself, I mean that I have just tried using My old ATI Radeon 5670 and have tried playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 as well as Battlefield 3 and they both are running fine but then I don’t know why I am facing the colorful crash with the GeForce GTX 570, so now does this mean that the graphic card is the culprit???