Thread: Want to try 3 monitor gaming

Want to try 3 monitor gaming

I am willing to try out Surround/Eyefinity style gaming across 3 24 inch screen with 5760 x 1080 resolution, currently I am having two 460GTX 1GB's in SLI and I just wanted to know that will they be sufficient to play games like Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, Aion etc? I am aware that I won’t be able to get better performance for the new games until I upgrade, I can spend $350 so is there anyone who can suggest me a better upgrade choice??

Re: Want to try 3 monitor gaming

I am willing to try out Surround/Eyefinity style gaming across 3 24 inch screen with 5760 x 1080 resolution, currently I am having two 460GTX 1GB's in SLI and I just wanted to know that will they be sufficient to play games like Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, Aion etc? I am aware that I won’t be able to get better performance for the new games until I upgrade, I can spend $350 so is there anyone who can suggest me a better upgrade choice??
    If you are having the 3 24 inch screen already then you can try out two 460GTX 1GB's in SLI, I think that they will be sufficient for playing the games that you have mentioned but then I am not sure about the same, I think that before getting any new graphics cards you should better test them out and if you are happy with the performance that you are getting then there is no need for upgrading.

Yes testing them out is really the first thing that you should try out, if it is possible and if you have someone having three screens then just test it out, I just wanted to share that few months ago even I was fond of trying out 3 monitor gaming and I was quite happy in the start but then now I keep gaming on the center monitor using other 2 just for multitasking if at all required, as far as my knowledge 460GTX 1GB's in SLI will be enough for games like Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, Aion etc but then it won’t be maxing out newer games, I am having two unlocked 6950's and I still face issue in some games, now I am willing to get a 30" center in landscape with two 20's in portrait mode to see if they appear better for gaming or not. If it is your first time then you will surely enjoy 3 monitor gaming.

In that case I wanted to add that I have played BF3 on a single screen and it was running amazingly and there was no pain to the eyes as well so I don’t think that there will be any issues as such, I am not having the monitor currently but then I will be getting them this week most probably from a local Compusa, I am willing to get them for tasking and expecting to run game like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, Guild Wars 2 etc.

I have played Guild Wars 2 with the below specs:
    • Single 9600GT
    • Core2Quad
    • 4GB DDR2

I did not had any issues with the same and had an amazing experience, so I don’t think that you will be having any issues in playing them on 3 screen span as well.

I will like to inform you both that 3 screens are quite different when compared to one screen fixedgeariain, just to explain I am having gtx 580s and I have ran many newer games on 1 screen without any such issues so far but then when I had tried out the same on 3 screens then gtx 580s were not appearing to have enough vram run the textures to max, so I don’t think that if you are able to play the above games on single screen without any issues then you won’t be having any issues on 3 monitor gaming. Hope that helps.

Even I wanted to share here that I have am having dual GTX 570's and I have ran a number of latest games decently at 5760 x 1200, I have tried out Dual GTX 580's 1.5GB's and they were even better, I am willing to get dual GTX 580 3GB's for running the games on 2560 x 1600 and I am quite sure that they will run the same game better but then I think that VRAM will be the bottleneck here, one should have powerful card so as to handle the rendering on 3 monitor gaming, the games that you have mentioned really don’t need powerful cards, if you want then you can get single HD 7970 around $400 rather than getting two GTX 560 Ti 2GB's to put in SLI. I really think that single HD 7970 will be a better choice for playing those games on max.

I am having single HD 7970 and I am using SoftTH and I am not having any issues in playing games with odd resolutions over 3 screen but then as one has mentioned already that after few moths it appears you realize it to be gimmick and prefer 1 screen later, I am using 2x 20"'s for multi-tasking as well, currently I am looking get a Dell 3007 so that I can use my 2x 20"'s as I am really not willing to give them back.