Thread: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC – extremely pleased with this card

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC – extremely pleased with this card

hi guys

like to share this with you all just recently I have got this new Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC , I bought this card because I heard lot about this card and that all really true . it is indeed that best card I have ever seen 0 this card even beat my Overclocked 6950 with some benches getting over 100% boost in frame rates and also defeated my GTX580 which was also very highly overclocked . at the 1.25v It clocked up to the 1260/7000 and is completely stable for the for 3dMark11 or Heaven benches. But I had to drop the clock so that I was able to play few games like the crysis 2 . un till no w I have see this card is perfectly stable and artifact free on the 1180/7000 at the 1.2v . that is the hight that I need to go to as the voltage wise for the continues use , will have to test more to see that which is the maximum stable clock are , but this look like pretty close. The cooler are too working pretty well , good temp which generally stay below the 60 C range at 1.2v , all this with using the moderate fan profile . what do you guys like to say about this card please do reply , I would like to know this

Thanks

Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC – extremely pleased with this card

Really nice 57 % oc’ed. And this model has the nice dual fan cooler and that works pretty well . infact the 6950 Dirt 3 Edition which has the same kind of cooler which I was really pleased with and that is the reason that I am going with this card as opposed to the ASUS . the powercooler or the gigabytes are not even close
    A 57% overclock

Yeah this card Built around the chipset Tahiti , the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC is as its name suggests overclocked to 900 MHz instead of 800MHz version for reference. This higher frequency will give you a gain of execution speed! This version is also equipped with the cooling system "house" signed Sapphire who no longer has to prove itself as it works. 7950 1792 processing units or nearly 28% more than its predecessor the 6950 (1,408 units)! The graphics card Sapphire Radeon HD7950 OC has 3 GB of DDR5 memory that will support in the GPU to bring speed and fluidity to all your graphics calculations.

That really the great and perhaps you can able to rise the fan speed to the 70 % range and then clock it even more to the 1.3 GHz . if this Is possible then that word be really nice .

Radeon HD 7950 OC definitely on the cooler alternative, which is not only quieter but also more powerful than the reference cooler. Sapphire replaces the reference cooler with a simple and clear important massive dual fan cooling fan. The cooler comes with two 8 mm thick and three 6 mm thick heat all one. The heat pipes running from the bottom plate at different Postiotionen in the heat sink. The two 8 mm heat pipes extend to the outer ends to the waste heat from there as effectively as possible to give to the lamellae. The heat pipes, however, have no direct contact with the GPU surface. The waste heat is absorbed on a solid base plate made of copper and forwarded to the individual heat pipes. Unfortunately Sapphire waived the base plate and to the heatpipe . The cooler was otherwise act even more exclusive. For the fresh air supply, two 85mm fans available. These are not just meant to cool the GPU, but also cool the graphics memory and voltage regulators. Sapphire is the only manufacturer of MSI in addition, the memory modules and power supply provides a small passive heatsink. This is located in the airflow of the two 85mm fans and is thus cooled by this

MSI and PowerColor Sapphire uses the default limit for the AMD factory overclocking to the full. 900/2.500 MHz with the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 is clocked faster than 100 MHz in a card reference design. The clock speed of video memory, however, remains untouched. Here Sapphire holds the reference design specified by the 2,500 MHz.

the Radeon HD 7950 is provided a voltage of 0.993 volts, by the significant plant-OC Sapphire increased the voltage to 1.031 volts however. Despite the minimal increase in voltage, the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC fails just before the magical limit of 1 GHz. Nevertheless, the result obtained from 980 MHz quite impressive. In relation to a standard Radeon HD 7950 (800/2.500 MHz) corresponding to 980 MHz, an increase of 22.5 percent.

In addition to the good overclocking potential of the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC can also score points with their undervolting potential. The factory voltage increase to 1.031 volts Sapphire probably implemented only for safety's sake even if it is not really necessary. Compared to other manufacturers, the voltage increase is still moderate. Even with 0.962 volts completed the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC tests without any problems. Since the map as the reference design has two BIOS modules, you could play on the second programmable BIOS with a self-customized BIOS undervolting.

Even in games load, simulated by Battlefield 3, the GPU heats up to a maximum of only 50.0 degrees Celsius. The speed is increased here by 21 percent (idle) to 30 percent (Battlefield 3). Even under extreme load, which was enforced by Furmark, the Radeon HD 7950 OC is 60.0 degrees Celsius relatively cool. To the very good values of the PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 PCS + is the Sapphire HD 7950 OC ran not in spite of low voltage

Well I have this card and Equipped with the new "Dual Fan" cooler, some determined in a modified form of the Radeon HD 6970 know, Sapphire offers an extremely quiet and pleasant card based on the Radeon HD 7950th In idle mode, the card with 28.4 dB (A), measured at a distance of 50 cm, whisper-quiet. Even on closer listening, take the card is difficult to perceive. Through automatic fan speed control to the idle mode is scaled back to 21 percent.

outstanding fallout! Every thing that I have heard is unbelievable things regarding this GPU , up to now that I've suggested them over reference 7970's for air cooling users. It's good to see somebody like a new purchase.