Thread: Will nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphic card be a good option for upgrade?

question Will nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphic card be a good option for upgrade?

I am a hard core gamer and want to upgrade the system for myself. So I have shortlisted a graphic card called as nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti. I want to know will it work with the exisiting specification that I have. So I will be giving you specifications that I have for my system and they are

HP Pavilion p6557c

Processor Athlonll X2 220 ® 2.8 GHz

RAM 1GB

Hard disk 500GB

Chipset GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

PSU 400W

Motherboard Pegatron M2N68-LA

So what do you all have to say about the same.

Re: Will nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphic card be a good option for upgrade?

I doubt whether the PSU would be enough for such a hungry graphic card. I looked at your specs though you don’t have a very high end specs I would advise you to get a better power supply for the system. Probably a 500W would be enough for you. That would be advisable for you. Just ensure that sufficient room is there inside the cabinet for the card and if you manage to get some space then well and good for you.

First of all check your processor it is so old. Sorry if I am being a bit straight forward but you need to change the processor first. X2 is so old. If you want to play some high end games you will be better need a good dual core processors. First get started with the PSU and GPU upgrade then with the processor. Hope that’s fine with you.

Overclocking will be required a bit for your CPU in order to perform well. CPU will not affect much in the performance it seems. So better overclock your cpu and then pair it with the graphic card everything will work fine. Don’t worry.

So all the best go ahead with the changes.