Thread: Sapphire 7970 Dual-X worth to buy

Sapphire 7970 Dual-X worth to buy

I was looking on the web when I found this article about the About Sapphire 7970 Dual-X, well I am planning to get this for my rig but I have no idea about it. Is there any one here can tell me something about this will be really appreciating to know that

Thanks in advance

re: Sapphire 7970 Dual-X worth to buy

Well to the extent that I know the thermals aren't an problem in the 28nm for AMD cards, but like to tell you that this is one of the best piece amazing engineering, very quite and cool. being a OCed HD7970, its really awesome

This Dual-X HD 7970 OC has frequencies revised upwards compared to reference models from AMD. In addition, Sapphire offers the possibility to switch to a second BIOS offering a notch higher frequencies. Here are the features:

1. GPU: 950 MHz (BIOS 2: 1000 MHz)
    2. 3 GB of GDDR5 memory: 1425 MHz (BIOS 2: 1450 MHz)

Know that the AMD reference frequencies are 925 MHz and 1375 MHz for the GPU and memory, respectively. It will be interesting to see the impact on performance.

The cooling system consists of a wide sink which consists of several aluminum fins. In addition, it includes five copper heat pipes. There are also two large fans, all is hidden under a black plastic shell. Be aware that the card is 280 mm long, and occupies two slots.

For video output, no surprise is the rendezvous. It is always entitled to Dual-Link DVI, the HDMI 1.4a, and two Mini DisplayPort 1.2.

With respect to the bundle, its composition with

• CrossFire bridge
    • A power adapter 8-pin to Molex
    • A power adapter 6-pin to Molex
    • DVI to VGA
    • A Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort
    • DisplayPort to DVI-SL (Active)
    • An HDMI to DVI-SL

This is a new graphics card that uses Core Graphics architecture Next, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 Sapphire which was fun to overclock. Let's start with its cooling system. The manufacturer has placed on the chip, its Dual-X system which cools the GPU more efficiently traversed by five heat pipes and two 8 mm and 6 mm in three, while limiting the noise generated by a system profile ventilation in software

The chip itself is identical to the OEM version, it has its 2048 stream processors, 32 units of its calculation, but the operating frequency is 950 MHz instead of 925 MHz core and memory frequency at 1425 MHz instead of 1375 MHz. To complete the card, Sapphire offers a dual BIOS, which can switch on a second set of frequency. Thereby moving to 1 GHz for the core and 1450 MHz memory. This frequency increase also unlocks the rotation speed of the fan, so there is a risk of hear the turbines that set off during intensive phase of the game

The manufacturer also offers, in parallel hardware, a free program called Trixx which can change the settings of the card, as the voltage of the GPU, the core or memory. A temperature display is also available for monitoring card status in rel time. A system of profile is also inclyded to manually set the trigger fans and their spreds of rotation depending on the temperature. Side of memory, so it is wired 3 GB GDDR5 on a 384-bit bus is included. The outputs are fairly standard because we find a dual-link DVI, HDMI and two open mini-DisplayPort, enough to make one to four partially EyeFinity screens. Really great

Re: Sapphire 7970 Dual-X worth to buy

I know it is exclusive to nvidia, I mean the equivalent of a physx who have it but by your CPU processor and is an abyss if the gpu of the graph as in the case of nvidia. Not that I think so, is plain and simple fact, a superpower without physx Card, you have to pull the processor in your PC to the physical, removed the processor performance .so many other things. And if you do not see why a lot of people have a ati and nvidia physx exclusive, now if what you want is to deny the evidence, for that already ...Now that he has long given sticks to nvidia, and less giving has nothing sticks, because until very, very little was absolute queen gtx 580. Now will come the new nvidia and ati will return forward to as always, ati when Queen, Queen for a few months already, then counter with a nvidia card of course more powerful and with great physx. And what because I have two computers one with a crossfire and one with a sli and play the hits of forty thousand kicks sli absolutely everything to the crossfire. Playing without physx is simply not play.