Thread: What is the highest video card that compatible with Hybrid Crossfire X?

What is the highest video card that compatible with Hybrid Crossfire X?

What is the highest video card that compatible with Hybrid Crossfire X . my motherboard is GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H 890GX AM3. I will preferred the Ceader family and that will be Radeon HD 5450 or else I will be getting Radeon HD 5500 as well . is there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciate this

Thanks

Re: What is the highest video card that compatible with Hybrid Crossfire X?

That is really very hard to answer as far as I know there is no mention of any crossfirex requirements and compatibility on the AMD site . there should be some information on this but there not so hard to say

Yeah there is no mention about this anywhere but if I am correct that the 5770 supports it although I may be wrong on this, looked all over but there is no information on this .

The on board card is the Radeon 4290, abd as per the compatible chart that I saw you will be able to crossfire it with the ATI Radeon HD 4300 or the ATI Radeon HD 4550 but not anything higher than that. The 5770 is the range that is HD4550 and I think 4290 will as well not do anything much .

Well I have so far seen that the 5450 is the only series that can compatible on the 4290 integraded 890GX 4290 chip with the Hybrid CrossFireX mode. Well I am using the MSI 5450HD (512mb DDR3) along with the Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H mother

Hopes this help

Guys need help One of the game that is Starcraft2 work but the other game Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena is not working when launch with the crossfire is enabled. Si tere anyone having problem with the hybrid crossfire and able to get all the game working with it . ? the game that work is restricted to just the game that is listened in the profiles. I have see that the profile for Starcraft 2, however no CAP profile for Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena. Is this the Typically, crossfire an "all-or-nothing" functionality. In which all the game wii be working or none of the game will work or is that some will work and some wont and it just the mere luck that the CAP is provided to the particulate game . which is be abel to add the additional CAPs for games which is not on the list in the latest download.

Thanks

As far as I know that it has been said that the hybrid crossfire was supported vista only . it is possible to get the hybrid crossfire functionality in compatible models with the XP by the use of the Catalyst 8.8. does the windows xp hybrid crossfire issue will be enabled in the bios. Actully the hybrid crossfire , just dine the wrong choice . it would be more of the feature in net/note books

As far as I know that it has been said that the hybrid crossfire was supported vista only . it is possible to get the hybrid crossfire functionality in compatible models with the XP by the use of the Catalyst 8.8. does the windows xp hybrid crossfire issue will be enabled in the bios. Actully the hybrid crossfire , just dine the wrong choice . it would be more of the feature in net/note books