Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 driver update (296.10) leads to Artifacts

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 driver update (296.10) leads to Artifacts

I have recently updated the graphic driver to 296.10 and after this the problem started. There was no issue with the update. That runs without any problem. I found that there are a few of the white artefacts across the screen and that really does not seem to be good. There is no BSOD or anything, just the white artefacts. Can somebody guess that what is the problem with this and how can I get this issue resolved? Please help!!!

re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 driver update (296.10) leads to Artifacts

There is possibility that this is something wrong with the hardware that you are getting this problem. So it really worth to check for this also. Other than this, you can also try by uninstalling the driver and use the older one.

I am also having the same problem with this but this was only happening to me whenever I open any 3D application. I have decided to get back to the previous release of the driver. I think that there is some issue with the 400 series only.

Just check for the temperature of your system, I am asking this because this might be the case of the overheating. There are many reasons for overheating. If it is the overheating issue then you can make use of some good cooling system to reduce the temperature of the system. I know that there are very less chances of this but still there is possibility for it so it will be better to check.

There are some of the cases which are similar to this and it comes out to be the reason therefore I am recommending you this.

Is this happens by running only some particular game/application or this is always there on the screen. If it is just with some particular application then the problem is not with the system. There is something wrong with the application and that need to be removed/reinstalled. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

This is not just you who is complaining for the issues like this. There are also many of the other users who are facing the similar difficulty. The problem is with this update only and not with the system. So it will be better for all of us to revert back to previous update. This is the only possible solution seem to me now.

Just try to connect the machine with some other monitor and see if you are getting the same problem there as well or not.