Thread: Is Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 supports LGA 1156 Socket motherboards?

Is Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 supports LGA 1156 Socket motherboards?

I am thinking to get the Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 but before this I want to know more about this card and especially from the users who have uses this. Primary thing that I want to know is that if this card is supported by the LGA 1156 Socket motherboards. Other than this, also provide me some more information regarding this card, if you have any important. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Is Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 supports LGA 1156 Socket motherboards?

I would like to tell you that this is going to work with any of the motherboard which is having a PCI-e 16x slot. So in your case, it will surly going to work.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 is a good choice to go for and it will be supported. Don’t worry. The card is based on the GK104-gpu from the Kepler family. This is from the Nvidia's most powerful graphics cards to the date. The core clock speed of the gpu is baked at 28nm 1006MHz and Nvidia Gpu with a technique called Boost may take up to 1058MHz. The 2GB of GDDR5 memory at 1500MHz effectively 6GHz, and is clocked on a 256bit wide bus approached.

The TDP of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 is 195W and because of this two-six-pin PCI Express connectors are sufficient for the power supply. I found that the specifications of the cards are largely the same, with clock speeds and the standard reference cooler for cooling the components. Only the stickers that include Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac paste on the cards differ, the price is for all the cards at about five hundred 665 U.S. dollars.

I have read many of the reviews of this and found that the GTX 680 is faster, cooler and quieter as compared to the Radeon HD 7970. There were some of the reviews where it is mentioned that the card from AMD in some cases performs better and that the differences are not always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeryjon View Post
    I would like to tell you that this is going to work with any of the motherboard which is having a PCI-e 16x slot. So in your case, it will surly going to work.
    Thank you so much for all of you for the replies and especially you sir. Other than this, can somebody also recommend me good motherboards that I can select? I am searching for a motherboard which is having the gtx 680 full potential. I am thinking about these two:
    • Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    • Maximus IV Gene-Z

I don’t think that someone over here can suggest some particular motherboard maker above another but getting anyone out of these two will not going to be bad. I am having the Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 and for me there is not even a single problem with the Geforce GTX 680 card.

This means that the Z68 chipset motherboards will be good to use. If this is the case then I am thinking to go for the Asus Maximus IV GENE/GEN3 that is having the LEGIT PCI-E 3.0

There are some of the drivers for the Asus Rampage IV GENE motherboard (x79 chipset) and those are very much beneficial for this mobo. Here is the list of advantages with the Rampage-IV-Gene BIOS 1005…
    • Improves the PCIe 3.0 Support
    • Improves DRAM Compatibility
    • Improves CPU OC capability
    • Improves VT-d support meant for VT-d enabled processor
    • Improves up S3 resume time

Besides better performance than its predecessor, the GTX 680 that all the other innovations compared to the GTX 580: an innovative turbo-functionality, a new anti-aliasing system and finally the possibility of more than two monitors on one video card to connect.