Thread: How is Adaptive V-Sync useful?

How is Adaptive V-Sync useful?

Hi all. Is there someone who can clarify me the idea of the "adaptive V-Sync" with the 600 series? I am asking this because I think that it is just the misuse of time. I don’t think that it can do anything better as compared to the Triple Buffering apart from saving a little bit of VRAM and I don’t think that this is going to be the problem for anyone. And eve n if this makes problem then we can have the NVIDIA's fault to be safe from the memory side. I am posting this to know that what is your opinion regarding this.

Re: How is Adaptive V-Sync useful?

Making use of the Adaptive V-Sync is for getting the desired FPS. It will be possible for you to adjust the GPU clocks as well as voltage in order to make your target achievable.

I think that it will be more of use on the place where you require to have higher than vsync cap otherwise you can also stop the GPUs as of running away to super elevated usage which is not required. The overall concept of this is for you to take the complete benefit of the adaptive nature of the GPU. So I liked the idea of Adaptive V-Sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Nguni View Post
    Hi all. Is there someone who can clarify me the idea of the "adaptive V-Sync" with the 600 series? I am asking this because I think that it is just the misuse of time. I don’t think that it can do anything better as compared to the Triple Buffering apart from saving a little bit of VRAM and I don’t think that this is going to be the problem for anyone. And eve n if this makes problem then we can have the NVIDIA's fault to be safe from the memory side. I am posting this to know that what is your opinion regarding this.
    I have talked to the NVidia guy and he told me that the adaptive vsync must take out the stuttering while the graphics suddenly turn out to be very demanding. For example, if you are running the vsync normally and there is fps drops then you will get the stuttering earlier than it catches up again. Other than this the adaptive vsync must break down to provide it more power immediately devoid of stuttering.

Vsync is a technology that allows computed frames in games synchronized with the refresh rate of your monitor. Specifically, this means that every image that shows the screen completely and that you do not regularly the top half of one frame and the bottom half of the next frame shows. Vsync always put you at benchmark from the true performance of a GPU to make clear, but during the game you should definitely turn Vsync for best image quality. So it is important to use if you want to get the best from the game.

However, Vsync have been a disadvantage up till now,. If you Vsync is selected in a normal TFT monitor, then the calculated images synchronized will be at 60 fps. Should the power of the GPU at any given time are not sufficient to calculate 60 frames per second, then switch (ATI) GPUs to date back to 30 fps. The shift between 60 and 30 fps in games like you see a slight stuttering ring.

Adaptive Vsync, is in turn is using the drivers and provides the best of quality to you. and this become very important if the computational power to 60 fps or more to be calculated in the synchronization mode. Are you getting the performance under the fps limit? If this is the case then quickly turn off Vsync and you will see it all rendered frames and therefore not directly falls back to 30 fps.

As far as I know that the new GTX 680 brings with it two new features called TXAA and Adaptive VSync with it. According to the release notes for the 300 series, driver for all GPUs Adaptive Vsync is available. I just hope AMD is delivering something too soon after this.

When we test the games, we always turn off v-sync (vertical synchronization), a function that limits the maximum frame rate to the refresh rate of your monitor. At 60 MHz, however, we could not show you the potential of high-end video cards, which is capable of an average of 90 or 100 FPS. In most games disable v-sync is a simple matter. While with the others we have to work around this feature for making the game playable.

Every time, the card goes to more than 60 FPS when the v-sync is active. When the frame rate drops below the barrier, v-sync must be disabled to prevent stuttering. The 300.99 drivers and our sample trigger the adaptive V-sync via a drop down menu also contains the settings to make v-sync on or off.

I think that the adaptive v-sync is a good option, especially on slower cards from Nvidia, which are more likely to work under the threshold of a native screen refresh rate.

There are many of the GPU’s like the GeForce GTX 680 which is having the new technologies and TXAA FXAA VSync and Adaptive anti-aliasing to improve visual quality without sacrificing the gaming performance. I am using the GeForce GTX 680 and I am very happy with that. I am getting the best experience of gaming with this new technology.