Thread: SLI vs non-SLI

SLI vs non-SLI

Hello everyone. I basically started looking out for a GPU upgrade about a week ago and am in a fix as to what option should I take. What I actually want to know is which of these would be better for my gaming needs. I have a GTX580 from evga and 2x GTX555 in SLI. Should I go with the single card system or the SLI system. I read many articles yesterday where these two were compared and I got mixed reviews from all the sources. So I would the opinion from the users of these cards. If they can tell me the pros and cons of the 2 GPUs in question it would really help in the purchase. Thank you.

Re: SLI vs non-SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Margaret View Post
    Hello everyone. I basically started looking out for a GPU upgrade about a week ago and am in a fix as to what option should I take. What I actually want to know is which of these would be better for my gaming needs. I have a GTX580 from evga and 2x GTX555 in SLI. Should I go with the single card system or the SLI system. I read many articles yesterday where these two were compared and I got mixed reviews from all the sources. So I would the opinion from the users of these cards. If they can tell me the pros and cons of the 2 GPUs in question it would really help in the purchase. Thank you.
    Get the SLI system as it can easily take on the single 580.

Re: SLI vs non-SLI

I completely disagree with that. I think you should get the single card as it is faster than the GTX555 in SLI and you also save an additional Slot on the motherboard for future upgrades like when you want to sli the GTX580. And Actually in comparison both the GTX580 and the SLI’d GTX555s will go head to head trading blows. But when you decide to SLI your GTX580 in the future it will be an absolute powerhouse.