Thread: "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

I have recently come across a lot of problems with my GPU. It keeps giving me errors after a brief blackout of about two seconds. The error reads ’nvidia windows kernel mode driver has stopped responding and successfully recovered’. This usually happens when I am playing games or watching videos on the internet. When the error occurs my games are forced shutdown and my gaming progress is lost. This is really annoying. I have tried all the latest drivers to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Re: "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

Try monitoring the temperatures on the card while gaming with GPU-Z. I think it’s an issue with overheating. If the temperatures are too high you might need to check your cabinet for dust deposition and clean the GPU. Also if you can, change the thermal grease on the GPU if possible. If you are not sure with opening up the GPU then it’s highly advisable to get it done by a professional.

That will help a lot in lowering the temperatures on the card.

Re: "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

Do not bother wasting money on this already mediocre card. I would suggest that you upgrade your card as it’s fairly old and can’t keep pace with the games of today. By the way what games do you play on this system?

I don’t play many heavy games. Mostly flash. Sometimes when I try some heavy games I play them on minimum requirements as I know that this card is way behind the times.

Flash games can’t be that taxing to crash the driver or overheat the GPU.

Try updating the flash player plug-in from adobe. And while you are at it update your operating system too.