Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 01-04-2012

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

I have recently come across a lot of problems with my GPU. It keeps giving me errors after a brief blackout of about two seconds. The error reads ínvidia windows kernel mode driver has stopped responding and successfully recoveredí. This usually happens when I am playing games or watching videos on the internet. When the error occurs my games are forced shutdown and my gaming progress is lost. This is really annoying. I have tried all the latest drivers to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Old 01-04-2012

Re: "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

Try monitoring the temperatures on the card while gaming with GPU-Z. I think itís an issue with overheating. If the temperatures are too high you might need to check your cabinet for dust deposition and clean the GPU. Also if you can, change the thermal grease on the GPU if possible. If you are not sure with opening up the GPU then itís highly advisable to get it done by a professional.

That will help a lot in lowering the temperatures on the card.
Old 01-04-2012

Re: "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding" error with GeGorce GT220 driver

Do not bother wasting money on this already mediocre card. I would suggest that you upgrade your card as itís fairly old and canít keep pace with the games of today. By the way what games do you play on this system?
Old 01-04-2012

I donít play many heavy games. Mostly flash. Sometimes when I try some heavy games I play them on minimum requirements as I know that this card is way behind the times.
Old 01-04-2012

Flash games canít be that taxing to crash the driver or overheat the GPU.

Try updating the flash player plug-in from adobe. And while you are at it update your operating system too.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,