Thread: GeForce GTX 680 Low performance

GeForce GTX 680 Low performance

I have been facing this problem ever since I got this card about a week ago. The specific game where it seriously lags is metro 2033. It drops down to 25-30 FPS on very high settings with 4xAA. I also ran some benchmarks on the highest settings. The results did not indicate a significant improvement in performance either. Does anyone else have a problem like this? I paid a lot of money for this card and would expect it to at least run a game that’s fairly old and is a TWIMTBP title to begin with.

Re: GeForce GTX 680 Low performance

I am experiencing the same problems with GTA 4. This is totally not worth it. I was getting better performance from my previous card which was nearly half the cost of my new GTX 680. This isn’t fair.

I don’t have the card. But I’d say that given the card is fairly new and with a new architecture (kepler) the drivers for this card might need some tweaking to make better use of the hardware. I think there is only on driver version available at the moment that is 301.10. I bet with the next update most of the issues will be fixed. I own the GTX580 and it has been wondrously working for me ever since I bought it. Sure it has problems at times but we have to sometimes let go of small things. Overall I love my card for its performance. Think of it this way; No hardware in the world is perfect and with a very huge list of applications and games to support it certainly can’t be. Sometimes it’s not even the card that’s at fault. There can be bugs in games. Frankly, I have yet to see a game without a flaw when it first launched. Be happy as you have the best graphic card which is nearest to perfection as of now.

I agree with you a 100%. It’s a great card. I have it so I know it. Sure it needs some polishing to perform better in some games. It works for me flawlessly for the majority part. Best GPU I ever had. Well done NVIDIA.