Thread: Unable to wakeup computer from sleep with AMD Radeon HD 7970

Unable to wakeup computer from sleep with AMD Radeon HD 7970

Hello friends I have AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic card in my computer and I am experiencing problem with it. Whenever I put my computer on sleep mode and after that when I try to wake up at that time I get black screen only. Help me to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to wakeup computer from sleep with AMD Radeon HD 7970

I use to face this type of problem in my system. Whenever I get this type of problem at that time I disconnect my monitor and then connect it again and then it shows the display. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get soled.

Have you overclocked your AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic card? If yes then I will suggest you to use your AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic card with default setting and then you have to check whether it resolves your problem or not?

I have read your problem and I would like to ask you that using MSI Afterburner beta 2.2 beta 11 in your computer? I am asking you this because same thing happen with also and I was using MSI Afterburner beta 2.2 beta 11 in my computer. Now after that I have downloaded MSI Afterburner beta 2.2 beta 12 In my computer and after downloading this in my computer my problem get solved. If you are also using afterburner 2.2 beta 11 then go to the official site of the MSI and download beta 12 and then install in your computer. You have to also make sure that graphic card drivers in your computer updated. if you want any more help regarding this then let me know.

Yes I am using MSI Afterburner in my computer. I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling it and installing beta 12 but that does not help to solve this problem. I have downloaded latest graphic drivers in my computer but that does not help. What should I do to resolve this problem?

In my computer I am also using AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic card and I was facing similar problem. I have variable of unofficial overclocking method to 2 and after doing that when I test my system at that time it does not give me problem while waking up from sleep.

Yes I agree with the above solution. This problem occurs because of software’s like afterburner interferes with the ULPS. As far as I know if you over clock card within clock limits from catalyst control center then you will not face any problems, even overvoltage is not related with ULPS. Problem only occurs when you perform unofficial overclocking because unofficial overclocking path is not compatible with power saving technology. In order to fix this problem you need to disable PowerPlay (ULPS) by setting unofficial overclocking variable to 2 and then your problem will get solved. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by veeru s View Post
    In my computer I am also using AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic card and I was facing similar problem. I have variable of unofficial overclocking method to 2 and after doing that when I test my system at that time it does not give me problem while waking up from sleep.
    I was going thought from same problem and after that I have set unofficial overclocking variable to 2 and then my problem get solved. Now I am not having any problem with my computer. You should also try this solution.

If above solution does not help you solve this problem then you should update BIOS in your computer and after updating the BIOS you have to check whether it makes any difference or not, nay be after updating BIOS problem will get solved.