Thread: HDMI audio streaming is not supported in GeForce GTX 560 Ti

HDMI audio streaming is not supported in GeForce GTX 560 Ti

My problem is as follows: I have system with following configuration.
    • GeForce GTX 560ti on a Windows 7x64 system
    • Yamaha A710 receiver (latest model) -
    • Samsung HL61A750 (LED powered, DLP RP HDTV, 1080p native)

The main problems are as follows:
    When the system wakes up from sleep, I loose the audio track connection. This usall happens when the reciever is set to pass through. So the only way to get back the audio is rebooting. Toggling the reciever causing fresh handshake. There is also a problem with Bitstreamed signals (Dolby Digital, DTS...). Sometimes the player also crashes. if I speakers set to stereo 5.1/7.1 bitstream will be sent flawlessly

Re: HDMI audio streaming is not supported in GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I was also using the same graphics card in my multimedia computer but the problem was sound not starting immediately. At first I thought that it was normal because mine working fine with 5.1. So I don’t know what is the case here.

Did you see all the other sound settings in the advanced tab? Go through all of them once again. You might need to check the sample rate and bit depth in shared mode. The values might be incorrect. Try 24-bit, 48 kHz (or perhaps higher). Then once again make sure that Exclusive Mode options are checked.

Can you tell me what software are you using to play video/audio?

You have your sound card connected to the graphics card?

See the instructions on your board or your Graphics card. And look at your sound settings as if you have the NVIDIA sound set as the default audio device! The HDMI connection seems to go out and I only give out graphics. I thought all the GTX 560 have a PIN to internally connect the sound card and can then output via HDMI both.

I think that there might be several HD Audio, Nvidia's is normal. Close everything and do a right click on the speaker in the taskbar. There select playback devices and see whether Nvidia shows up or not. If not, does a right click in the box and put a hook on disabled devices. If this does not help, most times without the HDMI Receiver there is sound. Times where I read that the GTX 560 has no digital output via HDMI. I am not sure! When I switched to TV with an HDMI connection, the sound automatically at Nvidia. So I had to move there anything extra.

It seems to me that you are having the same issue like me and I simply cannot figure out how to fix it. Right now I have configured the Onkyo receiver with my EVGA GTX 560Ti. There is no problem with the stereo mode, it works fine but if then set to 5.1 causes the signal to drop. I also get 3-4 second delay in order to receive the signal. In my previous system I had the same kind of issue with the Radeon HD 5450, but a driver update fixed it. Now with the updated card again the same problem and don’t know what else to do even after the driver update.

As far as I know that the GTX 560 ti on ANY case supports TrueHD DTS-HD and everything else. I have a Gainward GTX 560 Ti Phantom and a Pioneer VSX-1020. The card is connected to the Pioneer and Pioneer to the TV. As standard equipment, I have selected in the Control Panel in Sound / Playback Devices Pioneer (NVIDIA High Definition Audio). I am using Windows 7 64bit. When I was there on the Pioneer and click Properties and look at file formats above is anything in there. DTS Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, Microsoft WMA Pro Audio. I have also tested whether this will also play, with latest FFDshow try out x64 and 64th Mpc Result = everything is played perfectly and also displayed the required format (in the Pioneer itself)

After doing some research I came to know that some have had a same kind of problem with. It was taking several seconds to do the handshake. Mine also the same case and I think It was happening when the output format changes (WASAPI in Foobar, and bitstreaming lossless codecs similar to DTS-HD MA).

I have conducted other tests:
    • Test with a bluray and a Dolby TrueHD => I can to have as Dolby Digital or PCM on my amp
    • Test the laptop with a friend (HDMI output to my amp with the same cable, but need the adapter miniHDMI) => Here my amp is receiving the Dolby True HD and DTS HD MA bitstream