Thread: Bitstreaming capability of Nvidia GeForce GTX 680

Bitstreaming capability of Nvidia GeForce GTX 680

I have recently got the Nvidia GeForce GTX 680. I would like to know how this graphics card stand with bitstreaming via hdmi? Do you think that it will support HD formats?

Re: Bitstreaming capability of Nvidia GeForce GTX 680

The Graphics cards specs describe that this card is capable to handle resolutions which is more than the HD formats. The card surely includes a HDMI connector like other card with HDMI. So don’t think that it can handle HD streaming. AS far as I have seen that GF100/110 couldn't able to bitstream HD audio formats similar to DTS HD MA/TruHD. But for you, with this card I think that you can still get the 7.1 FLAC in the form of 8ch LPCM over HDMI.

Recall that if ATi HD Audio codec integrates a graphics card in its series since 2000 (and 5000 models that handle the bitstream HD), NVIDIA started quite late to audio in graphics cards. Indeed, cards based on G80 and G9x does not include HD Audio codec, or the GT200 cards. With this GPU, it is necessary to link the graphics card to a sound card (via S / PDIF) to support sound over HDMI, which limits the stereo PCM and AC3 5.1. The maps derived from GT200 (GeForce GT 240, for example) include a HD Audio codec, but limited to 7.1 PCM (no HD formats) while - so - the latest generation of cards improve management.

Recall that ATI manages the bitstream HD formats on the Radeon 5000 and Intel supports this function with its GMA HD.

I am getting somewhat less benchmarks, but as with other graphics cards benchmark. As 3D Vision player, I'm looking less for it if and when ATI is beaten, but rather for the upgrade to the current gain (GTX480) Graphics card. A 560Ti, as a direct predecessor, should not be missed. Please respond briefly to other features - whether HD audio bitstream to the receiver properly looped through, for some extremely influence the purchase decision.

The real reason why I would opt for the GTX 680, which are really promising features such as adaptive Vsync and the limitation of frame rate. Since AMD has (finally) caught up in image quality - and caught up in my eyes, because I can see no difference - nVidia is able to find new strengths anywhere else now.

According to the source GTX 680 supports the bitstreaming on HD- audio. In addition NVIDIA has built in 4K resolution along with support (finally!) full compatibility with bitstreaming of HD audio signal. The GTX 680 is slightly ahead. Higher resolutions and quality settings set the nVidia model unfortunately too little stronger.

NVIDIA has finally lifted the veil to the new architecture of PC graphics cards to 28 nanometers, called Kepler. The first card you get will be the flagship model, the GTX 680, which brings some interesting news. Kepler introduces 8 new streaming multiprocessor block, SMX, which provide performance equal to double the watts compared to previous-generation model; arrives NVIDIA GPU Boost, as the name implies, allows you to dynamically increase the operating frequency of the graphics processor ( Basic to 1006 MHz) to optimize the performance of games. There are also 1536 CUDA cores (192 to SMX), 128 units Texture and GDDR5 memory bus of 256 bits. In terms of image enhancement technology, Kepler also introduces anti-aliasing and FXAA TXAA, a cross between the hardware multi-sampling of old-generation and customization of high levels of AA, Vsync and Adaptive.

Did you find LPCM playback in this system. LPCM is a digital signal and decoded by amp's DAC. The major difference vis-a-vis TrueHD/HD MA is, these formats encoded Graphics card’s VPU into bitstream format. If it needs to be played on monitor, then these formats needs to be decoded by the amp's DSP and it will send toward the amp's DAC for output. There might be other options which are exclusive to TrueHD/HD MA bitstream but 8ch LPCM is a bit-perfect. Few have confirmed the GTX 680 supports all HD bitstream formats.