Thread: Anyone knows how to unlock ATI HD 6950 'Dirt 3 Edition

Anyone knows how to unlock ATI HD 6950 'Dirt 3 Edition

hi guys

I have this ATI HD 6950 2GB 'Dirt 3' and I want to know how to unlock ATI HD 6950 'Dirt 3 Edition. I looked everywhere but not able to find any answer to this . is there any one here can help me on this I will be really be appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Anyone knows how to unlock ATI HD 6950 'Dirt 3 Edition

Currently I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Dirt 3 edition. My question is whether you can unlock a 6950 ... Change the speed or the BIOS of the graphics or something.

I have that same card Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB, which came with the, dual BIOS, with the lever in position 1, starts at 800Mhz, 5000Mhz and 1408 Shaders, yes I start at position 2, starts at 800MHz, Shaders 5000Mhz and 1536, this without my having done anything on it then put the TRIXX frequencies to 880MHz and 5500Mhz, which would be a theoretical 6970. You can try to see as you start at position 2.

Download all this file and program and extract it to the desktop

Now this is what you have to do

1. Turn off the computer and set the bios switch to the position away from the crossfire connector
    2. Create the backup in on the card bios with RBE on the desktop Name it unmodified-bios_1.rom
    3. Copy that to the atiwinflash folder and name it modified-bios_shaders_1.rom
    4. Now load modified-bios-shaders_1.rom into RBE
    5. In the RBE choose the additional feature
    6. In the Unlock 6950 -> 6970, choose: 6970 shader count
    7. Now save the bios in atiwinflash folder with the name modified-bios-shaders_2.rom

Now do this
    1. Now low the UAC set and read that
    2. Hit the start button and type the cmd
    3. Open it under administrator privilege
    4. Now type "cd %USERPROFILE%\desktop\winflash"
    5. Now type atiwinflash -unlockrom 0 ( 0 is first adapter, in case you have multiple card )
    6. Now type atiwinflash -f -p 0 modified-bios-shaders_2.rom
    7. flash well finished successfully after that it will be prompted to shutdown/reboot
    8. shut the PC for 1 Min and also switch off PSU power.

Now

1. Start the computer the pc
    2. Run the GPU-Z to check the shader count, which should displays 1536 Unified
    3. Now with the Sapphire Trixx change the Core Clock" and "Memory Clock" settings to 880 and 1375 respectively
    4. Re enable the UAC to its default settin

That it this will do what you are looking for

See if this help
    1. First, the data from the packed file must be made directly to the desktop, so that GPU-Z, RBE and the other folders are exposed on the desktop.
    2. Well, the BIOS is extracted by GPU-Z on the desktop. Rename the file from "Cayman.bin" to "original.bin".
    3. If the BIOS of a Radeon HD has been read 6970, then skips the next step to unlock the locked shaders
    4. To unlock the shader, it is now the "original.bin" are copied into the folder "unlock_shaders".
    5. This folder now run the "run.bat" by right-clicking in the window as an administrator and press any key. Everything worked out, then it should look like this:
    6. The modified "modded.bin" BIOS will copy to the desktop.
    7. RBE can now adjust the tension.
    8. RBE and start the "modded.bin" pure load by load BIOS to the editor.
    9. Then go to the tab "Clock settings" and below the "GPU registers ..." Open
    10. The values can be adjusted according to your wishes.
      • 1175 = 1.175 Vcore
      • 1000 = 1.000 Vcore
      • 900 = 0.900 Vcore

11. FYI, I have labeled the States, because the order for the HD 6950 and HD 6970 is different. So please be careful!
    12. The function of VID4 (HD 6950) or VID3 (HD 6970) is unknown and therefore not important. Important are only 2D, and 3D Low3D.
    13. When all is done, then the BIOS stores it on the desktop under "modded2.rom" from.
    14. First The BIOS "modded2.rom" now move into the "WinFlash" folder
    15. Second Programs and windows close, the burden on the graphics card (as videos, animated images, flash, etc.)
    16. Third Home> Accessories> Command Prompt by right click Run as administrator
    17. "Cd% userprofile% \ desktop \ WinFlash" (without quotation marks)
    18. "Atiwinflash unlockrom-0" and wait briefly
    19. "Atiwinflash-f-p 0 modded2.rom" Enter, wait until the process is complete, confirm successful message, and then restart the system
    20. After rebooting the system should provide for the Radeon HD 6950 owners now have the full shader available. Instead of 1408 now 1536th

I want to release only the default shader in my bios without changing the voltage. Can I be the same "modded.bin" simply upload via WinFlash / cmd on the map, or how do I get the point. Rom file? Just open with RBE and save without change as an "modded2.rom"? And while the original "modded.bin" then any role? Because that is so played up nowhere, right?

I am having sapphire dirt3 edition 2gb and I wanted to unlock it to 6970 or just unlock shaders but everytime i try to flash it i get an error so what i wanted to ask you is could this mod work on my gpu and is there any risk to get damaged it. i know how to solder so its not a problem to me but i dont want to get my gpu damaged. One more question i have a gigabyte 6970 wind force x3 and 6950 cross fired. Everything works great but the problem is when i check gpu zi then found that the 6970 in primary have directly compute five checked but the 6950 is not.