Thread: how long a ATI 5xxx series can perform well?

how long a ATI 5xxx series can perform well?

I am running my system since 5 year and until now I have never faced any kind of major issues with any of the major parts. But now I am planning to upgrade almost all the hardware parts in it. And the most confusing one amongst them is my video card.

The issue is that my ATI 5850 toxic 1GB card still performs well without any issue and also it works well with the latest updated drivers. I am still able to play all huge sized games at the maximum settings at 1920x1080 resolutions. And just because of this reason I am really not at all intending to replace this video card. But now I am very much eager to know about ATI 5xxx series lifeline, can anyone tell me how long this card can work and perform at its best?

Re: how long a ATI 5xxx series can perform well?

I would personally not suggest you to upgrade your 5850, I don’t think it is worth for you to upgrade this card to anything else better you stay with it.

If you want you can go for upgrading your card the moment you realize that you can’t play some of the game at the desired setting or FPS. Now a days things are getting cheaper as they are getting older, try to keep this card as long as possible. I really like this card a lot but unfortunately i don’t have it.

But now I am very much eager to know about ATI 5xxx series lifeline, can anyone tell me how long this card can work and perform at its best?
    It would really be interesting to see what this card do in future. I am really concerned about how its going to handle future upcoming games. Do I have the same card and fortunately this card is still with me working well and good from past years. Not sure with the other games but definitely the 5xxx series is going to perform bit worse in DX 11 and Tessellation, what so ever they are still going to give us at least 30 fps or more if possible in the upcoming future games which is quite enough for an average games like me. What about the other high level game that are going to come, do you guys think this 5xxx series will be still enough to play any new games coming up this year.

The issue is that my ATI 5850 toxic 1GB card still performs well without any issue and also it works well with the latest updated drivers. I am still able to play all huge sized games at the maximum settings at 1920x1080 resolutions.
    If you are really very much satisfied with the current performance and setting you having in the games you are playing right now then surely you shouldn’t upgrade your card. I know that you are planning to upgrade all the major parts but it doesn’t makes any sense in replacing or upgrading the things that are already working well and giving you the best performance. Updating and replacing certain thing can land you up in some risk so better think twice before upgrading.

I must admit that having my older 5850 still installed in my system create a huge problem while playing Battle Field 3. But do to this issue I didn’t switch or upgraded the card to some other version or model, instead I simply added a second 5850 and got the problem sorted easily. Now the game plays nicely. Even today the 5850 are sold at the cheaper that which is quite impressive and worth.

If asked me I would say that still 5850 have an average possibility of playing games and working well for a while. There are currently number of console port game that are coming up and surely 5850 card is going to have no such big trouble having them. I upgraded from my 5850 recently and I must tell you it was a drastic upgrade, I was really annoying to see that to play one or two games at the faster frame rates, also running games with poor performance even after having a big upgrade spending some decent amount really hurts a lot.

I must admit that having my older 5850 still installed in my system create a huge problem while playing Battle Field 3. But do to this issue I didn’t switch or upgraded the card to some other version or model, instead I simply added a second 5850 and got the problem sorted easily. Now the game plays nicely. Even today the 5850 are sold at the cheaper that which is quite impressive and worth.
    Hey I do have some issue with the battle field 3, unable to play it in multiple. Do you play this game in multiplayer? The thing is that in my case I generally get 45fps at 6080x1200 resolution but not with the shadows, even if I try playing with any of the higher settings. Even after having two 5850 I cant play it.

I do not game that much, just because BF3 is one of my favorite game I was very much concerned about it and therefore came up with an issue. Otherwise if you ask me there were even other games which were having some of the other kind of problem while playing but i really ignored them. I tried lot of things to do in order to get the problem correct but failed to solve it until I added another 5850 card.

Anyways regarding BF3 I would say that yeah currently I am able to play them with both single player and multiplayer without any issue. Earlier there were major problems with the fps and resolution. But now everything is fine. I can play it well at 1920x1200 resolutions.