Thread: Vsync does not work when crossfire is enabled while playing TERA online game

Vsync does not work when crossfire is enabled while playing TERA online game

Hello friends, I have attended the stress test last night which was been a chance for me to check that how well my system can handle TERA online game. When I was doing that test then I have observed that when you are having single card and it is full screen then Vsync is been enabled and be getting medium FPS (somewhat 35-45) at Preset 5 and in crossfire Vsync is been disabled and unknown FPS due to massive tearing. I really do not know that what is reason of Vsync not working when crossfire is enabled? Does anyone knows about this, please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Vsync does not work when crossfire is enabled while playing TERA online game

I have also tried this yesterday, done it in hurry, just for 10 minutes. Let me tell you that crossfire does not work then you will be getting a negative scaling. I am also tried of this, whereas it is been working very well and there is bit of flickering with characters. I will be investigating little more things about it in next beta, if I am able to get it.

Re: Vsync does not work when crossfire is enabled while playing TERA online game

I would like to inform that massive tearing might occur due to using windowed fullscreen and v-sync is not enabled like that, I would suggest that you better try fullscreen. I think that I might be not correct as I am saying according to US beta one.

I was getting 50 to 60fps and also some of stuttering on 6870 x 2s. After that I have set graphic options to Windowed Fullscreen. I have heard that windowed mode disable crossfire. It appears to work as I right away received 60-70 FPS and also getting very much less stuttering during game. Till now a little jumpy here and there but was much smoother. I am actually hoping that a crossfire fix comes out for this one. Even I feel that it like to waste in very much all the games which I love to play. Whereas Crysis 2, it does not help at all in DX11 and Skyrim hardly helps and just raises minimum FPS and in Terra Online negative scaling. Battlefield 3, in which I have got higher FPS but it appears to stutter more. I believe that one point in drivers such as 11.11 or something it was perfect, but that gone after moreover driver updates or Battlefield 3 patch, when it is working then it is amazing however it jumped from 50 fps to 100 fps in Dirt 3.

I am playing Japanese TERA and mostly heard about this problem. I have also found out that a Japanese blog was telling to edit TERAs S1Engine.ini file and also to do changes in setting AmbientOcclusion form True to False, which is saying that it can fix the problem. Sorry to say that I am not having CFX configuration due to which I cannot test, that this thing is been working properly. However I have turned off AmbientOcclusion to ease 5570's loading then also I was not able to see very much difference in TERA's graphic. I would say that better give a try and when you are doing then do it at your own risk and might be possible that you might lose some graphic effect which I have observed. Even that is not working then I would suggest that purchase new powerful single card or wait for new driver or something.

I have found out solution for it. I have run D3DOverrider which has pressure Vsync to work in CrossFire mode. Let me tell you that this game scales well since when I have checked temperature and activity using MSI Afterburner and due to which it is using both of cards somewhat 90 to 92%.i do not think that it does not seem to be enough for 5850s as FPS is not smooth till 60, but most of time it dips down to 50 FPS outside and down to 35 in town.