Thread: Dual tuner DVB-S/S2 PCIe card (Tevii S480) putting constant 25V when idle

Dual tuner DVB-S/S2 PCIe card (Tevii S480) putting constant 25V when idle

Hey, is there someone who have got the Dual tuner DVB-S/S2 PCIe card (Tevii S480) and have you checked voltage from the two LNB F-connectors on the card with multimetre. I did it and found that mu card is using 25V with both LNB connections and there is some problem with tuning transponders. When this is idle then also it puts constant 25V. To get this solved, I upgraded the floppy power connector but that was none of use.

I am having two more Nova S cards and that is just putting 13V or 18V when tuning a transponder. This is the reason that I think that there is some problem with the Tevii S480 card. Can someone over here guess that what can be the reason for this issue and how it can be resolved?

Re: Dual tuner DVB-S/S2 PCIe card (Tevii S480) putting constant 25V when idle

There is possibility that there is some problem with the configuration of LNB settings. I am sure that it is configured incorrectly. Many of the Sky LNBs nowadays looks to comprise 10750 MHz like the local oscillator frequency. If you are making use of the "Ku-linear (Universal)" band setting and have not enabled LNB setting supersede then in this case you will be scanning through 10600 MHz, and this is not good. That might lead to pick up channels with 12608 H while scanning 12456 H and nil while scanning 12483 H.

This depends that how the card is regulating the supply voltage. It is but obvious that you will get major difference if it is not having any load on it when you measure that. This is the only reason that I think regarding this difference.

I think that you have measured this devoid of the LNB connected. I would like to tell you that if you measure it without load then nit will show you 25V and when you connect that then it will be counted as 14/18. I hope that you have understood the reason for this.

One thing that you need to ensure is that you are only having the one thing providing power to the lnb. Other than this, I think one of the main reasons for this might be, the Tevii card and the two Nova S cards do not like each other. They both are working well indecently but connecting them together sometimes causes problem. I have tried with this combinations and so I can say this.

I dont think that you need to worry about that. That varies according to the requirement. Unless and until that is not causing any visible problem, you should not do anything for that. Just keep on using it in the way it is. There will be no problem.