Thread: Renting a movie from iTunes Store via Apple TV is taking a long time to get downloaded

Renting a movie from iTunes Store via Apple TV is taking a long time to get downloaded

I have recently bought Apple TV and I have been renting some movies from iTunes Store using the same and it used to take few minutes for the downloading process and after that I was able to watch them without any issues but then today when I rented a movie then I found that the downloading process was running very slowly, it took almost 40 minutes, I have checked out the internet connection and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Renting a movie from iTunes Store via Apple TV is taking a long time to get downloaded

I have recently bought Apple TV and I have been renting some movies from iTunes Store using the same and it used to take few minutes for the downloading process and after that I was able to watch them without any issues but then today when I rented a movie then I found that the downloading process was running very slowly, it took almost 40 minutes, I have checked out the internet connection and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I am not very sure about your case but then I just wanted to know that have you recently updated to software 3.0+, I am asking you so because I have come across a no of people who have mentioned that they are facing this issue after updating the software to 3.0+ , just let me know if you are having the same case.

Re: Renting a movie from iTunes Store via Apple TV is taking a long time to get downloaded

I have been facing the same issue, I mean that in my case I have rented a movie and it has been almost 2 hours and it is still just showing 26%, I thought there was something wrong with the internet connection but then it’s not. I have checked out for the same and some people suggested me that if it is Hi-def movie then it will take more time, only the SD gets ready to watch in some minutes, I am renting a Hi-def movie but then I don’t think that it should take such a long time. I don’t know what’s going wrong, I have not yet found any official addressing the same. If anyone finds any information for solving out this issue then please share, it will be highly appreciated.

In that case I will suggest you to check out "Settings" and see if the apple TV is filled up or not, I mean if there is no more space or not enough space for the movie then that is the reason why it is taking so much time to get downloaded, as it is streaming the movie to the computer one has to open to itunes so that it saves the same it across your home network onto that computer, so you won’t be able to play the same until it is completely downloaded and in order to avoid this issue just delete some movie that you don’t need and then you won’t face any such issues. Just check it out and see if it is helping or not.

I think you might be talking about a different case, as I have mentioned that I have recently bought Apple TV I have not yet rented a no of movies but the I have checked out in the Settings and there is enough space out there, I don’t think that I am having the same issue that you are talking about, is there any other thing I need to check out??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.