Thread: Itunes is not connecting to Apple TV2 using Airplay

Itunes is not connecting to Apple TV2 using Airplay

I have recently bought Apple TV2 and in itunes when I am clicking on airplay symbol in the bottom right then I am able to see the Apple TV as an option but then when I am clicking on the same then it is just coming up with a box saying "connecting to Apple tv" but then it does not goes past, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Itunes is not connecting to Apple TV2 using Airplay

I have recently bought Apple TV2 and in itunes when I am clicking on airplay symbol in the bottom right then I am able to see the Apple TV as an option but then when I am clicking on the same then it is just coming up with a box saying "connecting to Apple tv" but then it does not goes past, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

I am not very sure about your case but then I was facing the same issue and later after connecting ATV2 to my wifi network had solved the issue, so if you are having your ATV2 connected to your router via ethernet cable then just connect it to wifi and then the issue will get solved. I have not yet found a solution to get it working with router connected with Ethernet cable and I am still looking out after a solution for the same, anyways for now you can try out the solution that I have tried out as a temporary solution.

I agree to you for the temporary solution I have connected Apple TV to the network over wifi. WPA2 - AES encryption, DHCP, wireless N and I am not having any issue using iTunes via home sharing but then the issue that I am facing here is that when the router is connected using Ethernet cable then the iTunes just "hangs" when it is on the Apple TV dialog and when I am trying to route output to it via Airplay.i will really like to know if anyone finds out a solution for getting it work without wifi.

I have been facing the same issue with the following:
    • Windows 7-64 bit
    • iTunes 10.0.1.22
    • Apple TV 2nd Generation-firmware 4.0

The desktop as well as ATV is hardwired to Ethernet in my case, the apple tv is as usual shown in the iTunes list of speakers but then it does not connects. I also wanted to share that I have tried using remote app on my iPhone to connect to the iTunes and the Airport Express works fine without any issue.

I have checked out for the same and I have found one mentioning that he was able to fix out the AirPlay/AirTunes issue by changing rule set of his windows software firewall, He had just allowed “UDP 6002” ud port incoming on his computer keeping the itunes running, so if you all want then you can try out the same and check out if it is actually making any difference.

I am not aware of the above solution but then the below solution has been mentioned as working by a no of people so you can just give it a try as well:
    • First open System Preferences>Network pane and then Select Airport
    • After that Click on “Advanced’ button and then Go to the TCP/IP tab and make sure that you are setting "Configure IPv6" field to Off.
    • When you are done with the same then just click on ok and apply the same and then just let iTunes connect to Airtunes speakers.

Just try it out and then post back the result that you get for this solution.

I was having the same issue and I have solved out the same by opening the “UDP 6002” port and if anyone want to try out the same then they can refer to these steps:
    • Just Go to start,>network>Right click on network>properties>Windows firewall and then click on Advanced settings>Inbound rule> and then click on new rule
    • After that select port and precede selecting UDP, Specific local port: 6002.
    • When you are done with the above changes then allow the connection and click on next and then select private and click on next again.