Thread: After installing display driver for Intel HD 3000 Graphic system crashes

After installing display driver for Intel HD 3000 Graphic system crashes

Recently I have installed a new copy of windows 7 64 bit professional; later on after the installation using the intel CD I tried to install all the drivers. All the drivers installed properly without any issue, but then after I installed the drivers for the intel HD 3000 graphics I noticed that the machine is crashing a lot.

After installing all the drivers when I started the system, no such issues were noticed with the starting windows screen but then as soon as the screen disappeared, system crashed with a weird display. Is there anything wrong with the machine or did I made some mistake while installing the drivers. I doubt the drivers a lot.

Re: After installing display driver for Intel HD 3000 Graphic system crashes

Is there anything wrong with the machine or did I made some mistake while installing the drivers. I doubt the drivers a lot.
    If you really doubt the drivers which you installed from the intel CD you can better remove all the driver and then try to download and install them from the intel’s official website.

I always do the same whenever I try to install any fresh drivers, no matter what so ever the brand is, I simple go to their website and search for the drivers I need and install them without any issue.

My system configuration is:
    • Processor: i5 2500K
    • Motherboard: Intel DZ68DB
    • RAM: Crucial DESKTOP 4GB kit (2GBx2)
    • Hard Drive: BARRACUDA® GREEN SATA 3GB/S 1000GB

I am also facing the same issue from past one month but still didn’t come up with a proper solution. Already I tried downloading the graphic driver latest version from intel’s official site but then too nothing was solved, I downloaded the version:
    • Graphics Version: 8.15.10.2559
    • Chipset Version: 9.2.0.1030

Also I updated the BIOS but still my system crashes without fail. All over above I also replaced the CPU from the distributor believing that there might be some problem due to the processor but still after the replacement everything remained the same. In fact I also replaced the motherboard, and now I have a replaced processor and replaced motherboard sharing the same issue. I am completely clueless with the issue. Please help me out.

Have you ever tried testing your processor with intel CPU test, make sure that at least once you take this test and see to it that you don’t see any errors reported after the test. And if possible check whether you have installed proper drivers for your monitors being tested. Use a standard DVI to VGA cable.

The only solution until now I found is to use an external additional graphic card to the system. I did have the same issue for past 2 month. Roam around everywhere to get a solution but nothing worked. Later on my friend suggested me to get an external graphic card and test whether the external card properly or not, fortunately it did worked so therefore instead of doing further enquiry and research I stuck with this additional graphic card. But surely if I get a proper fix for this issue I would definitely like to switch back to the previous one.

I would only suggest you all people to check out your RAM. Even I use to get the similar but only while playing games. I did had 4 x4 16gb corsair Ram in total. So therefore once when I contacted the care center they suggested me to take off at least 1 Ram and at most 2 if possible in order to sort out the issue.

I removed 1 4GB Ram and fortunately the issue went away. I would suggest you all to try out the same if you have installed more than 3 to 4 RAM in your system.

I do not understand why does intel fool around their customers. I personally bought my system with intel motherboard just to get support for at least 32GB Ram but you won’t believe now I downgraded to 12GB from 16GB. i mean that initially I installed only 4x4 16GB Ram but then due to this issue I was forced to remove one and now I am continuing my activity with just 12GB.

If their board can’t even support 16GB then why these people fool their customers by lying and displaying 32 GB supported.

I too had the same issue. Let me tell you that I have both processor and board from Intel. Later on I just returned the board and not the processor and bought Asus GTX560 ti which was then working well for few hours but then after that the system started freezing twice as it was before with the previous board.

I am sure that the issue is due to the processor; in fact I must say that the issue is due to the intel product and not something else. Better I replace the complete system with some other brand.

I removed 1 4GB Ram and fortunately the issue went away. I would suggest you all to try out the same if you have installed more than 3 to 4 RAM in your system.
    I did the same but the issue still remained the same. I guess removing the Ram stick wont solve the issue in all the system, maybe some of the systems are facing some other issue which has nothing to do with the Ram.
    U know in my case I was supposed to not just remove one Ram stick but along with that I also updated the BIOS and then turned off the turbo boost from BIOS which indeed solved my issue. Hope this would be an useful information for those who are finding Ram suggestion useless.