Thread: AMD Radeon HD 7970 CF performance is really bad while playing Battlefield 3

AMD Radeon HD 7970 CF performance is really bad while playing Battlefield 3

Hello friends, I was thinking to return two Radeon HD 7970 and wait for Kelper or I Should wait for driver which is been released by AMD. When I playing Battlefield 3 then I am getting very bad performance, such that I have two clocked 7970, not having MSAA and while playing then FPS drops down to 50 FPS, really not knowing what is going on? If I am having new driver and CAP 3 then I am getting 1000p less in Vantage compared to older drivers and CAP 2. It is not at all acceptable that paying so much for graphics solution and getting bad performance, so people please suggest me, what should I do. Thank you.

Re: AMD Radeon HD 7970 CF performance is really bad while playing Battlefield 3

I would suggest that you better wait for drivers; I think that latest drivers will be solving the problem of yours. It will be really nice and also there might be some sort of solution in those. So you better wait.

I will not suggest you to wait but I would be say that you better return it and wait for Nvidia new cards, I have heard there are some new cards are been arriving in market which are best for gaming. I do not think that AMD can write better drivers to save their lives, so there is no hope in waiting for AMD.

Well you should check GPU load during the time of FPS drop, such that if there is any problem with CFX on one or both card then drop workload significantly. If such thing is happening then there is problem with CFX, such that it might be with you or with driver. I would suggest that try latest two official betas and do not use CAP when you are checking GPU load during drops for first time, during that time FPS drops and also GPU workload drops, then I would suggest to install CAP and then to check that it adds performance. Even try to find out these areas of drops on empty servers if you are able to do it and also try on different server with punkbuster disabled, which is been reason of problem.

I think that in future drivers will be having improved thing somehow, but performance increase will not likely be incredible. What I think that I should have wait for new Nvidia cards ad also knowing that what I am doing it. Well get 50 fps is really bad; I am getting better fps on 6990 at 5760x1080 that too on advanced settings in Battlefield 3. I believe that there might be something wrong with setup. I have seen some of videos on YouTube and user have used same setup which you are using it, they are getting probably better, actually, except you have 5 120 Hz screens in eyefinity, whoever is getting more than 60 fps at all times on 5 screens and more than 100 fps at all times on 3 screens so you may want to ask him.

When I am playing multiplayer then during that time I am getting the same problem such that getting exactly double FPS with CF while playing single player and when playing multiplayer then I am not at getting it. I also really do not know what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pee-Paa View Post
    When I am playing multiplayer then during that time I am getting the same problem such that getting exactly double FPS with CF while playing single player and when playing multiplayer then I am not at getting it. I also really do not know what the problem is.
    I think that there might be something wrong with setup, whereas most of user are playing on same card and not getting problem with fps. AMD have tested a single HD7970@1150Mhz Ultra Preset and have received minimum 60 fps and maximum more than 80 fps that also in 1920x1080, 120Hz monitor, Caspian Boarder. So during time of testing it was been confirmed you will be able to get then it sure there is something wrong setup done.

I wonder if something's wrong with my crossfire setup as well, I can drop down into the high 40's in rare instances @ 1680x1050 on high preset with 6950 crossfire. I'm probably just paranoid though.