Thread: Does SMAA is ultimate AA solution?

Does SMAA is ultimate AA solution?

Recently I came to know about Su***xel Morphological Antialiasing. I found that its new post process AA solution which would provide less blurry side effects. There would not be text distortion any more as compared to MLAA. Even it would be less blurry as that of FXAA. We are going to get great result when it will implemented in the game. Tell me what do you thinking about the same.

Re: Does SMAA is ultimate AA solution?

Yes it is an improved version of MLAA. There is SRAA which is same as that of the FXAA. The technique implemented seems to be quite different than that of MLAA and FXAA. However both of them are based on post-process. AA did not seems to be effective as compared. I was able to see SSAA 4x and 8x was removing all the aliasing.

People are saying that FXAA is not same as that of SRAA. However you will be able to edit SMAA.h file in order to increase anti-aliasing.

Well I am wondering that UE3 games are going to get the benefit of SMAA as compared to FXAA since it won’t lose much detail. The thing is going to be more interesting as they are going to get SMAA T2x. there are many developers who has started to implemented Post AA in the games which they are going to develop. I am expecting that there will be couple of combinations of post AA/MSAA in various games. I found that default results of FXAA giving better results than that of better result. Max FXAA is using 38% GPU and 412MB VRAM where as default mode is making use of 45% GPU and 368MB VRAM.

SMAA 2x or T2x could be more interesting to see however there won’t be anything to do with Injector. I am sure that it won’t blurr image and deform foliage., Definitely SMAA would throw MLAA and FXAA from the market.