Thread: Enabling MLAA make the Games run better

Enabling MLAA make the Games run better

How many of you have notice this while I was playing the apb reloaded and the other games like the crysis 2, Jericho. I have seen that when Enabling MLAA the games not only look smooth and better but also runs very smooth and better . the only issue is the text and few thing looks smaller in few game including the seamonkey. Other than that everything is working absolutely fine. Does anyone else here feels the same way like I did or is it just me feeling this way . please guys it will be kind of you if any one here reply on this matter

Thanks

Re: Enabling MLAA make the Games run better

I never tested but you may be right as MLAA have improved the image quality and performance in a "MLAA 2.0" will be included in the Catalyst drivers from the beta version 12.3 and 12.4 WHQL.

The MLAA first name is buggy and that Skyrim is one of them, which makes it immediately a platform far less optimal for comparing the first generation of the second MLAA. Fortunately, it seems that with the MLAA 2.0, the problems are now resolved. In general, performance is set back from the FXAA Nvidia, but the performances are not everything: the visual quality is at least as important. the FXAA gives a more blurred than the MLAA 1.0, and 2.0 MLAA further improves the overall sharpness.

In theory, it is completely not care how fast the filter runs on the CPU, just out of the ground 2 times the data between the GPU and CPU have to be replaced. As in the object get updated very often speed advantage is only 8-fold higher in AA, what the whole thing as a pure high-end technology available.

If you look at the currently very popular look FXAA (a post-processing filters like this one, but on the GPU), then that's just too practical. FXAA offers namely from about 2-4 times the AA quality and costs in the lower quality leveling render negligible time.

As far as I feel it blur more It than conventional AA thou. Don’t you guys here feel the same well I guess the SMAA is far superior to the MLAA .

Supersampling and multisampling actually produce new details, compared with an image without ant aliasing. MLAA away details. Draw as a very fine line (diameter <1 pixel), so I this without AA or not to be seen only occasionally (unless it is just the right angle and in the correct position, then they will, however, appears too thick, namely with 1 pixel diameter). The real purpose of antialiasing is actually making the thin line to continuously visible and indeed with a color value corresponding to the proportion of the line at a particular pixel. I'm in a pixel as a white and a black line, should the resulting pixels are 50% gray, and regardless of the underlying pixels around it.

SSAA provides the principle and indeed the more accurate the higher the sample rate. MSAA provides the only if it is programmed accordingly good (ie, when it detects that it has to calculate at this point several samples).

MLAA contrast verschlimmbessert the original image. Through the blur you get no continuous line, but the same result as without AA - just softened. In the example with the two white and black lines going to win one of the pixels would be between 100% white or black, and would then be adjusted by the blur of the surrounding pixels.

The Morphological Anti-aliasing is always helpful if you can activate in a game not a normal AA. Because MLAA is independent of the software ever since it was a post-processing effect is that is applied only after the actual rendering of the image. But in practice MLAA fails to poor anti-aliasing, a blurred image, and poor performance. As of Catalyst 4.12, AMD MLAA in the 2.0 version that will work much better than its predecessor. In particular, the speed should be better, but also increase the image quality is.

Direct3D and OpenGL as leaving little room for interpretation - if a triangle touches one of the sample points within a pixel, the sample is calculated, that's that. IIRC there Direct3D before even the arrangement of the MSAA samples within the pixel display, but I may be wrong (and is ultimately not care, because at least with 4x MSAA's making all the same anyway, and in all other modes, at least similar.

I think this feature with a decided graphics chip rather less sense. The greatest benefit equal imho at APU's (or rather the Intel equivalent) since the integration of CPU and GPU is much faster and be in the future. This would also be somewhat less performance graphics cores AA and not give up the CPU can access the GPU for such calculations under the arms,

I think this feature with a decided graphics chip rather less sense. The greatest benefit equal imho at APU's (or rather the Intel equivalent) since the integration of CPU and GPU is much faster and be in the future. This would also be somewhat less performance graphics cores AA and not give up the CPU can access the GPU for such calculations under the arms,