Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hooking up an external monitor to a laptop with a broken LCD screen

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 26-03-2012

Hooking up an external monitor to a laptop with a broken LCD screen

I have a thinkpad t400s with Windows XP, that has a completely broken lcd screen but otherwise fully functional motherboard. I also have a dell monitor, and a dsub connector that used to work fine as a replacement for the broken lcd laptop screen. For some odd reason, I accidentally reset the bios to factory defaults and now the Thinkpad wont link up or even recognize the external monitor. And since the laptop screen is broken, I cant re-access (well, technically speaking, see) the bios menu so I dont know how to fix. Help!

Old 26-03-2012

Re: Hooking up an external monitor to a laptop with a broken LCD screen

Quote:
I have a thinkpad t400s with Windows XP, that has a completely broken lcd screen but otherwise fully functional motherboard. I also have a dell monitor, and a dsub connector that used to work fine as a replacement for the broken lcd laptop screen. For some odd reason, I accidentally reset the bios to factory defaults and now the Thinkpad wont link up or even recognize the external monitor. And since the laptop screen is broken, I cant re-access (well, technically speaking, see) the bios menu so I dont know how to fix. Help!
You can try out the below workaround here:
  • First try using different connector or connect the dell monitor using a hdmi cable and see if it is making any difference.
  • If that does not help then you can try connecting thinkpad t400s to another monitor and see if it is recognizing the external monitor or not.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,