Thread: How to add 2 HIS Radeon HD 6850 crossfire cards on Water Cooling Kit

How to add 2 HIS Radeon HD 6850 crossfire cards on Water Cooling Kit

I am trying to add 2 HIS 6850 Crossfire video cards into a water loop. Right now I am using XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Water Cooling Kit on my CPU and it is showing me a good results. So after reading everything I get to know that I need an additional radiator to configure video cards. I am still doing my research. I need to know whether my pump can handle this or not. I would like to keep everything internal. I don’t want to remove front drive bays from this Phantom case. I am considering an thick 120mm radiator setup which seems quite enough to cool the CPU and 2 video cards. Also I want a compatible waterblock. My first choice is Swiftech MCW80 waterblock. Is it a good one?

Re: How to add 2 HIS Radeon HD 6850 crossfire cards on Water Cooling Kit

I don’t think that the radiator is enough for this configuration. I think that you should connect another 240 in the bottom but for that you have to remove second set of 3.5 drive bays. Still I don’t think that it will look right and may going to make the case very cluttered. So it would be better to fix a larger radiator outside rather than inside the case.

Sources said that model Radeon HD 6990 equipped with a factory waterblock and therefore intended to be used with a liquid cooling system. Embedding 2graphics chipsets, for a total of 3072 stream processors and 4GB of GDDR5 (2 x 256-bit), the Radeon HD 6990 LCS (Liquid Cooling Solution) is single-slot format. the best thing is, it is now compatible for CrossFireX, AMD HD3D and Eyefinity. Other than this, italso has a DVI and mini DisplayPort outputs. Currently there is no information about the operating frequencies of components. i am waiting for to know the price and availability date of the Radeon HD 6990 LCS.

The radial fan sucks the air from the housing and passes it through the radiator made entirely of copper by the bracket outward. At the front of the card contains a switch which can be used with the fan speed between high (3000 rpm, 25 dB) and low (1700 RMP, 17 db) changed. Unfortunately, a Continuous regulation of the fan is not possible. On the low setting, the fan is barely audible as he produced on the high position of considerable noise. The db data of Thermaltake should be enjoyed at the high setting more so with caution.

No matter how would be the configuration, you must taking care only that you can use the thermal paste correctly and the GPU cooler is seated properly. The cooler is flexible and not fixed in position as long as one has not tightened all the screws. Hence it is important to make sure that the radiator in the assembly will not move and remains well positioned. The holder of the new Sapphire TOXIC X1900 XTX cooling we liked much better, but it also specializes in the X1900 card.