Thread: Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Well guys I want to share this interesting solution with you all hope you like this. so here goes this solution for those who are facing some problem with the skyrim game then go to the Nvidia Control Pane and set the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X. with the help of SLI 8X you should be able to retain HDR when setting the AA and AF in the skyrim control panel. Well I tested with the SLI 16x but it did crash every time. So here is the solution for you all. I hope this was the one that many of you all were looking for. I hope it works.

Re: Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Prog^1 View Post
    Well guys I want to share this interesting solution with you all hope you like this. so here goes this solution for those who are facing some problem with the skyrim game then go to the Nvidia Control Pane and set the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X. with the help of SLI 8X you should be able to retain HDR when setting the AA and AF in the skyrim control panel. Well I tested with the SLI 16x but it did crash every time. So here is the solution for you all. I hope this was the one that many of you all were looking for. I hope it works.
    What I did was disabled ingame aa and af, and maxed out all the settings that were there in the nvidia control panel but all the way I was thinking that HDR was on. Shouldn’t it be on, that’s what I am wondering.

Re: Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_i3 View Post
    What I did was disabled ingame aa and af, and maxed out all the settings that were there in the nvidia control panel but all the way I was thinking that HDR was on. Shouldn’t it be on, that’s what I am wondering.
    Yes in many of the official forums that I have gone through many people have said that it is very important to turn on the SLI so that we can disable the HDR. Without HDR only we would be able to successfully run the game. That’s what I have heard from many of the people speaking out in the official forums of the game. Hence I decided to share this information with you all. I hope you did like that. Well if there are some other workarounds especially for the nvidia users then I will let you know about it for sure.

sad Re: Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Without the HDR the game does looks plain. I don’t like the option of removing the HDR and then playing the game. Its really akward to be frank. I don’t know how do you all play that game.

sad Re: Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by bIbEkS View Post
    Without the HDR the game does looks plain. I don’t like the option of removing the HDR and then playing the game. Its really akward to be frank. I don’t know how do you all play that game.
    Well in my case it does not works either way as well not even by turning off the sli. So what fix do you have got for the same can you tell me, please!

You all know what there isn’t a official fix yet coming from the skyrim forums or the nVidia forums. That’s really surprising.

cool Re: Setting the Anti-aliasing to SLI 8X in Nvidia Control panel will give you temporary HDR fix to play Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Falak View Post
    Well in my case it does not works either way as well not even by turning off the sli. So what fix do you have got for the same can you tell me, please!

You all know what there isn’t a official fix yet coming from the skyrim forums or the nVidia forums. That’s really surprising.
    Your case does reminds me of mine case as well. see I suppose you have played Skyrim with 3D Vison and SLI enabled,, they do allow HDR. If you disable the 3D then it will disable the HDR as well. if you want SLI and HDR to work collaboratively then you should put a tick on the bow which says ‘you do not want use 3D at startup’. With that you would be able to use SLI and HDR together isn’t it a great method? I have tried it and playing the game with the same settings. So don’t go elsewhere this is the solution for you all.

Hope that works.