Thread: LG DM2780D 27'' 3D monitor with 2D to 3D converter

LG DM2780D 27'' 3D monitor with 2D to 3D converter

The LG DM2780D 27" 3D monitor is already out in market. During the first release, many people reported that there is an issue with its screen and may be they are supplied with the incorrect glasses. If you have bought the same model, then you check it by simply tilting your head 45 degrees to the left. If the ghosting reduces noticeably, then you can assume that yours one is also shipped with wrong glass. Other than this, the monitor is pretty awesome for gamers. The skyrim looks really cool. What do you say?

Re: LG DM2780D 27'' 3D monitor with 2D to 3D converter

DM2780D-PCS is the first monitor 27 "Full HD LG to feature an HD Freeview tuner and Passive 3D technology! Under an ultra slim design of less than 17 mm thick, the DM-2780DPZ monitor is a customized solution to experience the best of entertainment and multimedia high-definition video in 2D or 3D. In fact, it also allows you to watch digital channels on a real TV.

In many homes there is a typical living room where it meets the computer, TV and other gadgets. To avoid the accumulation of equipment, there are options as presented below, where the display features a digital tuner, among other connections, and gets into a TV. The LG DM2780D also adds the ability to play 3D content through passive glasses, thus saving money in this type of 3D glasses. This model is recommended for those who wants to use primarily as a monitor because it uses a TN panel Matte, typical of the monitors, who’s viewing angles are not as good as the panels used in TV sets. The resolution is 1920x1080 pixels (full HD), its 5 ms response time and contrast typical monitors.

If you are interested in 3D the only option you have is the LG input has 2D to 3D converter so you can play 3D computer games. If you want to go on a TV, then I would look at you the LG LV5500 or Panasonic E30 monitor for use, the LV3550 falls a little short for that use.

I am also using the same monitor now. The "TV Function" of this monitor is very correct when the channels are in HD, otherwise it is very much annoying, then it must be standing about 3 meters so that it is not very bothersome. I find that the picture quality very good when connected to a computer (tested only via HDMI 1.4), whether for office or for playing HD movies. The 3D driver provided with it can be easily installed on the computer and thus offers good 3D rendering. The 3D Blu-ray and mkv files read from computer have a good record, but less impressive than an active system. We must stand about 2 meters to make it nice. For a small office, I think a lower diagonal model will have a better 3D rendering.

I really like the 3D software of this LG monitor. The 3D software provided to install on the PC is super easy to use, and is very effective (tested with Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, track mania united forever, Gta San Andreas). 3D rendering is better than a blu-ray 3D! 2D/3D conversion and sometimes pleasant, but not worth the real 3D.

The LG DM2780D and have a built-in 2D-3D conversion, so that users can view any content on the fly in three dimensions. This conversion is independent of whether the monitor is connected to a PC or not - and will automatically begin to play to ensure the ultimate 3D entertainment experience.

Well, I've had the monitor / TV in my home. It has an excellent image quality 3d 1080. If you are in the middle distance or closely, you will notice interlaced lines and lost a bit of fluidity in the movement but this is with all the monitors and 3d TVs. ultimately the 3D is spectacular and worth. The gloss panel is not completely eliminating many great highlights at this point.